Is partner availability the same for CX and BA programs?

Discussion in 'oneworld' started by antboy, Dec 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. antboy

antboy Member

Status Points:
    The redemptions I'm planning over the next several years are heavily focused, in declining order of mile usage, on (1) Aer Lingus, (2) Alaska Airlines, and (3) American Airlines. It seems clear that two One World currencies, CX Asia Miles and BA Avios, will be the most useful.

Will the available redemptions on EI, AS, and AA flights be identical regardless of whether I am trying to redeem Asia Miles or Avios? I'm not asking about whose website, phone center, or miles needed is better. Just whether the space I can access on the three partner carriers I'll actually be flying will be the same either way.

The reason I'm asking is that our family credit card spending makes it a lot easier to accumulate tons of ThankYou Points but I'm concerned about the low member ratings of the Asia Miles program compared to Avios and want to be sure it isn't because of availability differences on partner flights (I don't care if it is about availability on CX flights since I won't be redeeming on flights to Asia).

2. GoldenFlyer

GoldenFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    it depends the systems share the connections or no? and if you have enough amounts in all of them try to check the one which convince you more e.g. less miles redeemed

3. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Although this question was posted many months ago.....

Too vague a question.
    Depends on where you are flying.

A quick answer is ...they do for a fairly high percentage of times but not in many cases.
    Examples? here are but two of a number of instances? 1) BA does not see AA Aanytime award inventory (you cannot redeem this awards on BA).
    2) Some CX inventory is for their members only.

4. GoldenFlyer

GoldenFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    yes the question was very vague and need a very vague answer to satisfy

Anissa, BossWass and MoufidaLAA like this.