Is open jaw allowed on IKK award?

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by Cage, Feb 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Cage
    Original Member

Cage Silver Member

Status Points:
    Need to book a flight for Mrs. Cage to YYF this week. With the high fares due to AB family day I am looking for IKK award (30k and $140) through either YYF or YLW. Questions:
    - Is it possible to book (either through AE or online) an open jaw IKK award?
    - Wife would be travelling alone (eg without me, the primary card holder). I believe economy IKK can still be booked for another pax, could someone confirm?
    - Are there more options available through AE call center than is available online?

Thanks in advance.

Cage.

2. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have done this a while ago so unless things have changed, the answer is yes. I am basing this solely on my 1 experience.

Again, in the past I had done this for a family member, not a spouse. Hoping it is still an option.

General consensus is it depends. I think in general the call agents can often see flights the web system does not, but I am hoping others will chime in in a useful way for you

Cage likes this.
  3. Exit Row
    Original Member

Exit Row Silver Member

Status Points:
    My experience is that yes, open jaw IKK is allowed. I've done YYZ-YEG; YYC-YYZ a few times.

4. yyzgigi
    Original Member

yyzgigi Active Member

Status Points:
    It is allowed, but expect that you may need to pay the AE agent tax.

5. PtsHawg
    Original Member

PtsHawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's all doable, and should be able to be done online. I've booked all of what you've asked about, i.e. Open Jaw IKK and for someone else recently and did so online.

ACMM likes this.
  6. jarusoba
    Original Member

jarusoba Silver Member

Status Points:
    All doable. We do this all the time. If the routing allows openjaw, and if IKK seat is available, you can do it. If the routing is bookable online, you can do it online too, after you log in.

7. Cage
    Original Member

Cage Silver Member

Status Points:
    As a follow up to my original post.

Funeral ended up being in Peachland (1/2 way between YLW and YYF) on Monday (Alberta Family Day). Both the Mrs and I are travelling out YYC-YLW in the morning and YYF-YVR-YYC in the evening. The tickets were booked on ae.com. I could have booked Mrs Cage if we had to, but thanks to Grandparents Miss Cage is being looked after.

8. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad to hear it all worked out.