Is LH seat blocking for UA *G?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by TravelerRob, Apr 17, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    A few weeks ago I took a longhaul from FRA to xxx and upon check-in I noticed that the seat next to me was blocked (both by Expert Flyer and the seat map the check-in agent showed me in FRA). I asked if that's because I'm *G and she said no that LH only blocks seats next to LH HON members. When I boarded that long haul I got the impression that the person sitting in the aisle seat (I always take window) was not a frequent traveler by any means. Purely speculation...

Tonight I just checked in for my return longhaul xxx to FRA and noticed that the seat next to me, again, was blocked. I assume the person in the aisle is a HON member. During check-in I changed my seat to the other side of the plane and to a window seat that already had the middle blocked off (per EF). When I refreshed the seat map my original seat became available but so did the middle seat next to it. It's no longer being blocked.

I think LH is actually blocking seats next to *G members or maybe just UA *G (or maybe just UA 1K). I'm not sure which but the seat map behavior definitely leads me to believe it's happening.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks,
    Rob

Flyer1976 and Newscience like this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, LH blocks the middle seats in a 3-seat row in their "business class" seating on their airplanes within Europe. It's a bit laughable, since the seats otherwise appear to be the same configuration as the rest of the (coach) seating on the plane.

But, a seat blocked on a long-haul LH flight is an quite a concept! It sounds like you have friends in high (LH/UA corporate airline) places! ;)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    gregm likes this.
  3. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is economy. I should have specified in my original post. I know how the European carriers block the middle in "Business" but I'm not flying business.

-Rob

Newscience, Flyer1976 and TAHKUCT like this.