Is Kenya Safe to Travel After Nairobi Attack?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by StevenGerrard, Sep 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. StevenGerrard

StevenGerrard Silver Member

Status Points:
    After Westgate Mall Attack in Nairobi, Kenya Travelers are in the dilemma of whether it is safe to travel Kenya or not.
    See More:-

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    What does the USA Department of State say? Similar agencies for British, Austalian, etc. citizens?

What are major airlines doing? For example, are they changing schedules to prevent their crew from needing to leave the airport, even if it means a quick turn followed by a stop in another nearby country for an overnight rest? Or even using double crews to do quick turns if they feel obligated to continue service or want to do so?

GoodBoy, StevenGerrard and LETTERBOY like this.
  3. StevenGerrard

StevenGerrard Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think every county should be take decision on this Terrorist groups, If any county gives permission to stay them in their county then the International Fighter team have power to Enter in that country and finish this types of groups or organization.

4. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would feel safe. The post event vigilance has been increased. Kenya strongly depends on tourism and safaris.
    As in every location, common sense prudence should be exercised. There are parts of NYC that I would not visit ....yet I still consider, NYC is a great city !

5. I believe it's safe to go to any part of Kenya, and I'd advise travelers to travel as normal. ... In a news conference the day after the attack, former Prime Minister ... conference from Nairobi to London following news of the attack