Is JAL worth the extra cost domestically?

Discussion in 'JAL | Mileage Bank' started by Simon, May 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Well what do I think about jal versus Ana and skymark??
    Everyone had been very helpful but in japan staff hardly understand any english so i have no idea how packster communicates but they do smile and look cute (only woman have serviced me thus far on check in)....

Any difference between Ana and jal? Probably not that is noticable. Both great airlines. I'll go out of my way to fly jal or Ana PE that's for sure.

For most of us in Japan, we can earn more miles from spending with Ana but jal discount their reward flights so in the end it's same amount of spending on both airlines roughly to get a reward ticket. Again not sure what to do now I'm going to be elite with both.

The domestic service is so lame with only some basic drinks and skymark I think axes this but you save up to 50% off flying skymark versus Ana or jal representing big savings. How much is a drink, lounge access, priority boarding and check in worth for a 1-2 hour flight? You're taking saving of 10-30 k yen so no small amount. Even I am starting to see what my gf is saying. Internationally, jal and Ana all the way. If I was a japanese size guy, I'd flight skymark in a heart beat but then again in a tall white guy. Why do you flight Ana or jal over skymark etc? How do you justify the extra costs?

2. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    Only JAL and ANA fly from Sendai? :p

3. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    Stick with skymark and their 380 so you can have a happy marriage

FYI, ANA only serve tea and water for free on domestic ao that's worse than JAL for sure, at least in donestic Y drink service.

4. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have the 2 of you (not Ben) been drinking too much nama in the lounges? Your grammar, spelling and syntax have fallen off a cliff !:eek::p:D

KIXman likes this.
  5. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    LOL that's what happened when you use your iphone to type right after you wake up :p

6. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Sorry fixed what I could see. Auto correct on iPad and lack of sleep. Thanks for picking it up.

7. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    I prefer the nama explanation :D

QSG likes this.