Is it Possible to Book Award Flight to Hawaii with Avios Through AA?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by kenbo, Jan 2, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Hi, I have made 0 award reservations but I have some UR points to burn and could use some help. I plan to transfer my points to BA. When I looked at award availability to Hawaii on, it showed a Hawaiian Airlines flight. I've read some blogs that say go back to to book your flight but when I do that, it says they don't fly that route (SEA-HNL).

How would I go about booking that flight once I transfer my points to BA? Thanks!
  2. ffitalia

ffitalia Silver Member

Hello, first of all, view this BA page, you need to include partners in search. Even if that does not work, you can try to call Executiv Club support. It is possible that there are no award seats :mad:
    kenbo likes this.
  3. Franklybrit

Franklybrit Silver Member

Using BA miles for flights on AA is sometimes a good deal, but Hawaiian airlines aren't a partner with BA, so you'll never find availability on their website. Alaskan Airlines does fly that route however and are a BA partner, so give the Executive Club Support line, and ask them to look for availability on Alaskan instead. Flights should be 12.5k each way in Y, which isn't any better than booking via American if you can can transfer miles to there (and then you have availability on Hawaiian as well)
    kenbo and jwsky like this.