Is it possible to add a "do u really want to leave"

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by estnet, Jul 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    at least one of my computers boots me out of creating a message for no apparent reason so when I am typing a long message I often lose it all. Is it possible to ad a "do u want to leave this page" function when you type a message and don't hit "create a thread" like many of the travel websites do?

2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Those notices are incredibly annoying and pointless, and I'm not really sure how they would help with your situation here. It may be better to fix whatever is wrong with your computers.

oliver2002 likes this.
  3. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would if I knew what the problem is!
    I agree that in general they are annoying, but in this case when you are creating or posing a reply and leave mid-sentence I don't think it would be so awful,
    but if I'm the only one (which I would guess I'm not given that it also happens on some tablets) I'll just continue to give up after I've lost a message 3 times!
    It WOULD help in this situation b/c instead of just going back to the previous page (which seems to be where I go despite not hitting a key that should do this) and losing the message I would have a chance to keep it:) and finish and save

4. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    If I'm leaving in mid-sentence it's because I choose to. When posts are lost on tablets it seems to be the page self-refreshing due to limited availability of such devices to cache and maintain large numbers of pages in memory. It happens to me from time to time when switching to other apps or pages to reference information while posting.

What browser and computer/OS platform are you using?