Is it just me, or...

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by General_Flyer, May 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. General_Flyer
    Original Member

General_Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    SQ's agents been telling me that I can't do any changes because there aren't any seats open on LH.

Called my TAs and they said there are plenty of availabilities, LH stated the same thing.

It seems to me that SQ people are getting lazy and just telling pax to buzz off..

The story is that I wanted to change the rest of my RTW and asked for a 2 day earlier departure on all remaining legs. SQ SFO office said they don't see availability on LH and SQ, same thing with KF. But everyone else that I called stated that the entire week is open! What gives?

Rejuvenated likes this.
  2. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    RTW is booked under A class if I am not mistaken. So perhaps only F class available on the day you want it.
    Why don't you ask SQ to wait list you for the day you want? And if you are sure that A class is available on LH, then ask your SQ contact to call LH for clearing the wait list.

Rejuvenated and General_Flyer like this.
  3. General_Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    They still couldn't see it. So what they've done is release the LH segment and I had to call LH and ask them to do it manually. So now LH flight is changed, waiting for SQ to do the same with the rest..

Rejuvenated likes this.
  4. Rejuvenated
    Original Member

Rejuvenated Gold Member

Status Points:
    Which date(s) & route(s) are you looking at?

5. General_Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The entire week of the 12th of June. That entire week is open...

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    The week could be wide open in terms of purchasing a ticket, but award and RTW tickets require space in particular inventory classes.

General_Flyer likes this.
  7. General_Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    LH agent noted that for Star Alliance RTW, all seats in F are open..

And everything is fine until this afternoon I noted a discrepancy between my Itinerary from SQ and the original RTW booking, noting the very different dates of departure and so I called SQ again to reconfirm.

Afterwards it was just another whole mess.. For the 3rd time they claimed that there is a charge to be booked into R class, and for the third time I had to say that it was due to an aircraft change and I was assured there are no charges to be applied to my booking. And then they wanted to waitlist me into A inventory on the 388 to which I also replied there are no such thing as an A inventory and I had been rebooked into R way back when since I booked the ticket 1 month early before the official announcements.

End comes to end, they agreed to honor my R fare only to argue that my flight on the 19th of June on SQ 958 is not valid because it was previously under LH 790. They now forced me to move on the 18th to LH 790 because they claimed the revenue already went there.

So, tomorrow I need to email the SFO agent again to reconfirm why that is so, because I had already made the adjustments within weeks of the original booking. I'm royally screwed as it seems..