Is it just me or are BA Avios the slowest to post of any airline?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by daninstl, Feb 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is it just me or are BA Avios the slowest to post of any airline?
    It just seems like they take forever, like months, to hit once you buy through the partners, online store, etc. Even the credit card seems slow to post points compared to other airlines.

2. tulane09

tulane09 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My experience has been different. My chase points post right after every billing statement. And any miles from oneworld partners post as soon as the flight is complete. No issues.

3. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I haven't had problems with the flights but from other partners they seem really slow on my end. Maybe just bad luck on my part.

4. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I buy things through their online mall, the Avios take a while to post. Same when I buy things through VS's online mall. Other partners seem to post with a reasonable degree of speed.

5. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    I guess you're not a United Mileage Plus member? They take the cake on taking long for miles to register. Own flights can take up to 6 days (last week I had a flight on Tuesday that registered on Saturday), I had 4 LH flights in mid November, they took over a month to post

LETTERBOY likes this.
  6. martinfoss
    Original Member

martinfoss Silver Member

Status Points:
    Flew LHR-LAX a couple of years ago. When I checked my BAEC account later the same evening, the miles had posted ;)

7. ukgooner
    Original Member

ukgooner Silver Member

Status Points:
    The estore takes a while - I think a month - to make sure you haven't had a refund.

LETTERBOY likes this.