Is it Dilbertian? Credit BD flight to Aviosssss if flown after April 20th?

Discussion in 'bmi | Diamond Club' started by redtailshark, Apr 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I have a BD flight coming up. Intra-UK. This was booked prior to the recent Dilbertian event. Unfortunately, the flight will occur after April 20th and the published Star exit. I was going to credit this to UA MP, as per normal but it seems this may not be possible after the witching date.

Can we credit intra-UK BD sectors flown after April 20th to Avi(a)sssssss? I see BA are already trumpeting their acquisition of certain routes on BA.COM but those are mainly the oil-rich ones to C. Asia. But there's no mention of intra-UK.

On TOBB I've asked this question several times. Innocuous enough. The threads have become UNTHREADS. The word "Dilbertian" provokes the censor-bot. Let's say it together... DiLLLLLL-lll---BerrrrTT-EEEEE-ANNNNNNN....ah, that's better!

This redaction of sensitive topics is in itself is a strongly Dilbertian signal. It shows that the old BD is already partially under the thumb of the Big Nigels/Nigellas.

People seem frightened to articulate this question, and/or they don't know. But it's a big deal because if this does credit to Avios then I'd have my small remaining Avios stash cross a redemption threshold.

2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    At the very least you should be able to credit to BD and transfer on 7/3.

3. Euan
    Original Member

Euan Silver Member

Status Points:
    From 3 July you will be able to transfer any remaining DC miles across to Avios.

4. adl73x
    Original Member

adl73x Gold Member

Status Points:
    And any time prior to 31st May you should also still be able to credit bmi flights to UA MP. *A benefits and recognition do not end until this date for all *A carriers other than the Lufthansa group.

And while there is no censor-bot here, please be nice to pointy-headed software engineers. They built this city.

5. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Excellent! Yes, I will fly BD one more time. And access APW while I do so.

I have nothing against pointy-headed SEs. Just the corporate ideology that drives their actions.

And, there is a censor-bot here; it's already struck once. Just remember, those who have interests in FT do so here. The ideology is surficially different but there's ideological normativity. It must be subverted in the usual ways.