Is Hyatt Playing Games With Award Availability?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Nov 10, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

When it comes to hotel loyalty programs I "trust," Hyatt Gold Passport is at the top of that list. However, there have been a couple of situations lately that leave me scratching my head. Most of the major hotel chains nowadays don't have blackout dates on free night redemptions. That means as long as a standard room is for sale, you can redeem points for it. In the past it really was that straightforward, though back in July I wrote about an interesting situation at the Park Hyatt New York, whereby they simply weren't selling standard rooms, and therefore you couldn't redeem points for them. Technically they were acting within the rules, since all standard rooms available for sale were also available on points. ;) I gave the Park Hyatt New York the benefit of the doubt when they first opened since only a limited number of rooms were operational. And the situation has gotten a little better. A year out they seem to make a couple of Park King rooms available for sale, but that's the extent of it. It seems like snagging a standard room award at the Park Hyatt New York is the equivalent of snagging a Qantas first class award seat between the US and Australia. The post Is Hyatt Playing Games With Award Availability? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...