Is Hilton's HHonors Website the Worst of All Hotel Chains?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by RestlessLocationSyndrome, Aug 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just recently booked a stay with Hilton and encountered the stupid loop where I keep logging in repeatedly but can't ever get to the page that I want to on the HHonors website. I've encountered this before and was curious what all of you think... Is Hilton's HHonors Website the Worst of All Hotel Chains?

nime01, DCA Rob, uggboy and 3 others like this.
  2. cvsara
    Original Member

cvsara Gold Member

Status Points:
    I use the HHonors site quite often, usually 3 or 4 times a week, and don't seem to have any problem with it at all.
    I do think that, along with you id and pw, your browser has to be set to accept cookies, at least for the session.
    Just a thought.

nime01 and uggboy like this.
  3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think there's a way to get out of the new "beta" site and use the regular older site which is more reliable.

I think it all has to do with the never-ending upgrade causing problems on different sections of the site.

4. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, the Hyatt website has been infinitely worse, though it’s been getting better lately. Sloth-slow, with misdirections to unasked-for pages, and on and on. I’ve not had that many problems with the Hilton site.

5. cordray2643
    Original Member

cordray2643 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tried the "beta" Find A Hotel Link this evening and I found the standard search alot easier. I am mostly Priority Club and that website is not great, but working with the HHonors site makes me more appreciative!

6. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I prefer the standard site so far. Beta site has proven to be a bit buggy for me. As for functionality, I really don't like the fact that the Marriott site won't let you access your old folios like the Hilton site does. If you don't have the original, you need to get it emailed to you. That's a bit of a pain.

7. spesalvi

spesalvi Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had this happened to many times before too...

8. A nightmare of a site at the moment, if you can log into your account you are doing well. But my favorite is the two different prices you get if you use the beta and than go back to the standard site. And you can play it to your advantage, one quick call to HH and they will be able to find you a better price!

9. travlr

travlr Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have to log into the HHonor site every few pages when trying to check reservations and stuff... huge pain. :(

10. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    The beta reservations site drives me nuts because there's basic functionality in it that doesn't reliably work. And the persistent re-log in issue that's due to log-in credentials not being passed across Hilton's various domains is annoying. But, given the fact that up until fairly recently you couldn't modify any Starwood reservation on their website, and then they gave you the ability to cancel, but not do anything else, before finally allowing all changes to be made online, I do appreciate some of the functionality that Hilton's site offers. I also really appreciate that a PDF copy of my folio always posts to my account automatically a few days after I check out and stays there for about a year. Nobody else competes in that area. So, while there's obvious room for improvement, Hilton's site has led for a long time in overall functionality - even if some of that functionality requires multiple log-ins and some patience to take advantage of.

nime01 likes this.
  11. brad

brad Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you think Hilton is bad, come try Hyatt sometime. It's entirely normal for one or more of the following to occur:

- Can't log in with the username you created because the system "forgot" it, forcing you to go look up your Gold Passport number and recreate your username
    - Reservations made on hyatt.com mysteriously disappear from your list of upcoming reservations
    - Room descriptions, photographs, as well as rate requirements and cancellation policies are loaded haphazardly, with no standardization
    - Making a simple reservation will often fail partway through due to incomprehensible web errors
    - Folios post to the site entirely randomly; there is no consistency for a given property, brand, or period of time
    - The ENTIRE site (yes, ALL of hyatt.com) is routinely unavailable

Hyatt has (or had, anyway, until they went public and introduced a credit card) a fantastic loyalty program, but their IT systems are infamous for being the worst in the system.

nime01 and TRAVELSIG like this.
  12. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have encountered this many times- bizarre.

13. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    At Hyatt.com we have so far not encountered many problems only once it would not let us into our GP account despite trying and trying. At Hilton.com we prefer the older version, there seem to be some problems with the new Beta version of Hilton.com eg. price differences, not letting us log in, showing not every info or showing different room types even, despite this being always the same property!:confused:

nime01 likes this.
  14. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    sadly no. Hilton's is crap. Hyatt's can be crap but it has actually operated fine for me the past 6 months or so.

The worse, IMO, due to a lack of one feature which I would think is a no-brainer to offer to customers is Wyndham's, it does not keep a record of one's reservations. In this day & age, this is an inexcusable omission!!!

15. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    But at least with Wyndham's site (which I never use because why the heck would I ever stay at a Wyndham property except out of complete desperation) you appear to be able to log into your account.... something that sometimes is not achievable via HHonors.

nime01 likes this.
  16. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    fair enough.

I would state that I have rarely ever stayed at a Wyndham property but a couple years ago they ran a stay 3 and get 10k airline miles promo (twice that I recall) which I found pretty lucrative. Seems lots of folks had issues getting their miles to post, I'm convinced most were ranting at the agent instead of documenting who/when they spoke with and what was promised/discussed.

17. Acker

Acker Silver Member

Status Points:
    I never thought I'd long for the old website, but I do. I guess Hilton will wear me down and I'll get used to this new design, but currently I find it a hard to navigate mess. Not the worst, but hardly an improvement.

JLSocks, Sweet Willie and nime01 like this.
  18. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    don't like hilton's but accor is worse:(

nime01 likes this.
  19. nime01
    Original Member

nime01 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same here, constantly being asked to log in, even though I just did.

JLSocks likes this.
  20. nime01
    Original Member

nime01 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is bad as well :D

21. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same here, not sure what their IT people are doing, but they certainly don't seem to be doing anything that could be designated as improving the website.

YULtide and JLSocks like this.
  22. javacodeguy

javacodeguy Gold Member

Status Points:
    How has anyone not made any serious argument for ICHG being the worst?

All of their websites are down at least half a day every week. And pretty much all my reservations now are messed up on the website. Even going other routes to view using the confirmation number shows messed up reservations.

Other sites might be worse for searching, but at least they are up more than a few days a week and I can view my upcoming reservations without having to use an iOS app or odd workarounds.

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  23. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hyatt website sounds a bit similar....

24. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can verify it is impossible to change your password online.

Better yet is the phone call to Hilton Customer Care . A real person answered and said "We're busy, call back later."
    I asked when, she said in an hour. Can't do, I'll be on a plane to the destination I was calling about. She did answe3r my simple question (Do we no longer ned certificates to present ot the hotel on award stays. No, we don't.)

25. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tried to change a reservation today - and I was unable to change it, and I called reservations. They were able to see it, but the system would dump the reservation whenever they tried to change it. So much for IT 'Progress'