Is Hilton Diamond Reservation Guarantee Worthless?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 15, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Most hotel chains offer their top tier elite members a "reservation guarantee." Basically as long as you book a few days in advance (typically at least 48-72 hours before arrival), you're guaranteed a room. At least in theory that's what the guarantee looks like. Now, this isn't something I've taken advantage of up until now, given that they'll charge you the rack rate if you make a booking under the guarantee. Since my travel schedule is usually pretty flexible, I have no reason to pay a fortune for a reservation guarantee when I could otherwise just reschedule my travel and use points. The catch with these guarantees is that the hotel chains always have an "out." What's interesting is how the fine print differs between chains when it comes to this guarantee. The post Is Hilton Diamond Reservation Guarantee Worthless? appeared first on One Mile at a Time. Related StoriesHilton HHonors’ Latest Award Category ChangeHilton To Add Mobile Check-In And Room KeysHilton Triple Your Trip Promotion Excluded Hotels

Continue reading...