Is Hertz Gold an elite programme!?

Discussion in 'Hertz | #1 Awards/#1 Club' started by V J, Jan 10, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. V J

V J Active Member

Status Points:
    I am a president's circle member and I am treated as gold in locations in the U.S... Now everyone is Gold as its free.... Therefore, is my loyalty really valued ?

2. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not much value in Hertz Gold. I'm surprised they don't honor your Prez Circle. I know I have the same issue with Avis when in other countries. You would think they would try to work on this. Car rental programs seem so dysfunctional.

3. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Rental car "loyalty" programs have rarely excited me. Indeed, having been burned a number of times, my current preference is to have reservations with at least two different companies. If I really don't like what one is offering me (oh, you mean you don't have a car for me?), I use the company next door.

Dublin_rfk, Zomby Woof and MX like this.
  4. Flying Machine

Flying Machine Silver Member

Status Points:
    If your a UA Platinum or Higher you get free Hertz Gold Plus Presidents Circle (so I guess their are more of us around) I actually like Hertz and have been treated well by them.. Thanks and Safe Travels

ContinentalFan likes this.
  5. ContinentalFan

ContinentalFan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like Hertz too and PC has worked well. They've offered to bump me up to the next level, diamond I think, if I pay $1,200. I assume they do the same for PC.

6. nat22

nat22 Active Member

Status Points:
    They don't seem to respect presidents circle at all! At my local edition he openly scoffs at it.

7. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    PC should get reasonable respect, but it does very franchise to franchise. In general, though, elite status with Cat rental companies is pretty lukewarm unless you're willing to pay for something like Hertz Platinum or Avis Chairman.

8. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had to look to see what benefits I'm supposed to get as a PC member. I've been renting 3-4 days per week for the last year, primarily ORD or BOS, and I can't say I've seen one iota of special treatment!