Is Frequent Travel Killing You Slowly? A New Study Says it is Bad for your Physical &...

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 9, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    A new study has come out which talks about the dark side of frequent travel including the physical, emotional and psychological effects it has on people. The post Is Frequent Travel Killing You Slowly? A New Study Says it is Bad for your Physical & Emotional Health! appeared first on Miles to Memories.

Continue reading...

2. xristopher

xristopher Active Member

Status Points:
    It's about time this side of the conversation was aired independently and with a combination of research and intellectual rigour.

Up front I declare I'm biased as I work in the commercial aviation industry and currently have a book in production on how I've stayed healthy having flown seventeen years in the business full time. Nonetheless one of the most frequent challenges in having this conversation is the lack of awareness of a downside. Yes people take to Twitter to moan about jet lag etc but they do it to brag and wear it as a badge of honour.
    I know this because on reaching out to such people the issue becomes less of a priority to deal with at their health's expense!

That kind of attitude plays right into what the authors say - we love the glamour of Hypermobility but don't realise we've been sold a duff bill of goods!