Is FLL the worst?

Discussion in 'MIA/FLL/PBI | South Florida Area Airports' started by gregm, Mar 7, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am beginning to wonder if FLL is cursed. For years I have had issues with TSA and the whole PreCheck, Sky Priority and regular security lines. They can't seem to understand the concept of differentiating the 3. I've waited week after week for my luggage only to see it come out on another belt besides the one labeled with my flight number. Now the icing on the cake is my absence of car in the Hertz lot, 2 weeks in a row. I think FLL needs an exorcism or something to that effect.

2. downhillcrasher

downhillcrasher Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is the worst...
    (leaves room)

(re-enters room)
    THE WORST!!!
    (stomps foot)
    (leaves room)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    gregm likes this.
  3. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are you making fun of me? That reminds me of my hissy fit.

downhillcrasher likes this.
  4. downhillcrasher

downhillcrasher Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, I'm not making fun of you, I'm sorry if it sounded that way. I used to live in Ft. Lauderdale, the place was generally a little nuts, as I recall.

gregm likes this.
  5. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Compared to MIA for instance? Our most recent flight into FLL was sometime in 2012, and unless they've since put up some kind of covering where we don't get drenched from the usual heavy afternoon cloudbursts while walking from the terminals to get to the hotel shuttle bus pickup point between T-1 and T-2, and fixed the door from the gate to one of the jetways at T-4 so they could finally get it open for our flight back to YYZ after waiting an hour for them to do so, then no, we haven't had any major problems at FLL. Is there still construction going on inside some of the terminals at FLL?

gregm likes this.
  6. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    Although not a frequent user of FLL, when I fly into or out of the airport, via Delta or American, I've had no issues.

gregm likes this.
  7. brfong

brfong Silver Member

Status Points:
    Terminal 2 (Delta) must be the cursed terminal. I fly out of Terminal 1 (United) with very little issues.

blackjack-21 and gregm like this.
  8. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Terminal 2 (Delta) has contraction going on and has for some time. They closed one entry to the security checkpoint. I should have said I only was referring to terminal 2 as I only use that one. Sorry. There is some covering as you walk from T2 to T1 on the upper level (departures) to get to the car rentals. Not sure if you can walk terminal to terminal on the arrivals (lower) level. Oh, and 2 years ago I had a similar experience with an inoperable jetway. They had to push us back and 'drag' us to another gate.

9. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lucky!
    It is. Sorry, I should have said I was referring to T2 with the baggage and TSA issues.

KENNECTED likes this.
  10. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I must be a little sensitive these days!! No apology necessary.

downhillcrasher likes this.