Is First Class Security Faster?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by michael21, Aug 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey guys...So tomorrow morning my wife and I are going on our first flight with our baby-6 months and I wanted to make sure things go as smoothly as possible so I got us first class on a tiny flight of ORD-EWR...Crazy, I no but the thought of being in economy in such a confined space with our kid was making me nervous...Anyway...I've seen those priority lines at security. Are those only for frequent fliers or can we use them since the boarding pass says FIRST priorityAAcess? and how much faster are they? The flight is 9:30 am...How fast can I expect to get through security with my wife and baby?

Thanks!

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    As an F passenger you have access. Same for checkin and luggage drop if required.

Priority security can be anything from no wait where the main lines are backed up half an hour plus to actually taking longer than regular security, depending on day/time/luck. In general a very good thing though. Midweek it should be good.

Priority checkin is huge if you are checking luggage, otherwise just check in online.

marcwint55 likes this.
  3. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Check in online even if you are checking luggage, but if you are checking luggage, do that at the First/Priority AAccess line. You should also have access to the priority security line, as well as first boarding zone.

marcwint55 likes this.
  4. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    the security lines are usually much quicker and if you are signed up for TSA preferred and get access (for me it happens about 90% of the time) it is much quicker and easier, although I don't know if ORD has TSA preferred yet as I usually travel out of LAX.

5. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sadly if you are stuck behind a bunch of other passengers in the line who do not know their heads from holes in the ground ... :(

wrxmom likes this.
  6. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Status Points:

It will get you through the line to get to the scanners faster, but you're still subject to the mercies of the other travelers who aren't frequent fliers. Given you're traveling with a baby you'll want to factor in extra time anyway.

ACMM likes this.
  7. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    "making me nervous". Don't let it. Your anxiety about the potential problems will only exacerbate any real ones.
    Calm is key.

Sure, usually the priority lane is faster...then sometimes you're stuck behind a traveller with an issue and you're watching all the "regualar" lanes speed by. (kind of like when you're in the grocery store and you've chosen what you THOUGHT was the fastest checkout lane whilst you end up watching the next one go by).

You've already got some great advice so far. And, remember that priority access or not, you're having a baby in hand will allow you to board early, so you can help get your wife & child & self settled properly.