Is Delta Suntrust Debit Open to All?

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by AirGypsy, Apr 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. AirGypsy

AirGypsy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm interested in opening a Delta Suntrust debit account. However, I'm concerned about all the shutdowns I've been reading about in other blogs.

- Are they really shutting down accounts if one resides in a state not serviced by the bank?

- And if/when the above happens, does it entail physically visiting one of their branches to get it sorted out? (I live in the West Coast).

I don't wish to rely so much on the comments in those blogs - some come across to me like plain scare tactics, but if anyone has had actual experience with this, I'd really appreciate your input before I open said account. Thank you!

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I live in California and have used it for almost one year now with no problems.

AirGypsy likes this.
  3. skibum3d

skibum3d Active Member

Status Points:
    I've been in Utah using one for over a year. I visit GA almost bi-weekly though, so if I'm shutdown and need to visit a branch, I'm not worried.

marcwint55 and AirGypsy like this.
  4. AirGypsy

AirGypsy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone been able to use it to pay taxes using Pay1040 or PayUSAtax (or the likes)
    and more importantly, NOT get shut down? Thank you so much again for your help :)