Is Delta Pulling Back From London – Or From LA?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jun 25, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

It’s safe to say that Delta and Virgin Atlantic have had a special relationship since Delta purchased a 49% stake in the British airline in 2012. In particular, in 2014 Delta and Virgin jointly announced an expanded partnership of sorts, whereby Delta would take over one of the twice-daily nonstops operated by Virgin Atlantic between Los Angeles and London, and Virgin would take over one of the 3 daily nonstops operated by Delta between Heathrow and Atlanta. Delta launched its London to Los Angeles service on October 26, 2014, operated on a Boeing 767-300ER. The service seemed to dovetail nicely not only with Delta’s expanded Virgin Atlantic partnership, but with Delta’s commitment to building up its Los Angeles hub. I’d had an award booking scheduled for next February which included a leg on Delta from Heathrow to Los Angeles in Delta One. On Monday I got a revised itinerary sent to me, with the LHR-LAX flight cancelled and a routing via Paris and Atlanta on Air France and Delta metal substituted instead. Curious, I started looking at Delta’s schedule and noticed that its flights between London and Los Angeles had been discontinued starting around October 5, 2015. The post Is Delta Pulling Back From London – Or From LA? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...