Is Cathay Pacific Releasing Less Award Space?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Nov 5, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Cathay Pacific offers one of my all around favorite first class products. What I love about Cathay Pacific is how well rounded the product is -- from the seat to the service to the bedding to the entertainment, it's a fabulous experience. Also, now that Cathay Pacific has more or less retired their entire 747 fleet, the only planes that still have first class are select Boeing 777-300ERs. These aircraft only have six first class seats, making the first class cabins among the smallest of any airline out there. Despite the small first class cabins, historically Cathay Pacific has been excellent about releasing first class award space. They've been good about releasing first class award availability in advance and then again close to departure. Back in August I wrote a post about Cathay Pacific first class award availability trends, in which I explained that Cathay Pacific typically makes all but one first class seat on each flight available for awards within a couple of days of departure. This makes it possible to guess with near certainty whether award availability will open up or not. The post Is Cathay Pacific Releasing Less Award Space? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...