Is Cathay Pacific really going to replace those horrible economy-class seats?

Discussion in 'SeatExpert' started by @SeatExpert, Jan 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. @SeatExpert

@SeatExpert News Feed

Status Points:
    The rumors are definitely swirling regarding the replacement of Cathay Pacific’s economy-class shell seats. According to some reports, Cathay will indeed be taking the seats out of its long-haul aircraft, while leaving them in most of its aircraft used on regional and domestic flights.
    But the rumors of the demise of these despised seats are still just rumors, as Cathay Pacific has yet to make a formal announcement. Word has it an announcement might be forthcoming in early December, but as the saying goes, we’ll believe it when we see (hear/read) it.
    Even if the announcement is made in December, fleet refurbishments can take months, and even years, to complete. So, assuming you are planning your trip prior to 2014, odds are you are going to be “enjoying” the ride in a seat that slides down a few inches and on a cushion so thin you might be tempted to buy it a drink – or possibly a bite to eat.

Continue reading...

ssullivan likes this.
  2. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Better yet, are they going to replace those terrible regional business seats!

3. I believe yes to 1 and no to 2 in the near future. But what do I know.. ;)

QSG likes this.
  4. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    More than most here on the above subject ! [​IMG] Sad about #2 though....those C/J regional seats are 'tired"!

5. You're telling me... I believe KA is supposed to be seeing new seating soon... seem to recall some mention a while back somewhere..... :)

6. HNL
    Original Member

HNL Gold Member

Status Points:
    The old CX economy seats have to go *somewhere* :)

gemac likes this.
  7. JFK

JFK

Maybe they'll dump them on Dragonair's aircraft? Just a thought.

8. Sean
    Original Member

Sean Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's almost too early to speculate, I can't get geared up about something that's going to happen in 2014.

9. Mul
    Original Member

Mul Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any further updates on these economy seats?

10. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I didn't mind the bucket seat on my JFK-HKG flight, but every time the person in front of me moved in their seat I lost my IFE.

Complained to both flight attendants and sent in a comment form with no real response.

Kind of sucks having to restart movies a bunch of times on a 16hr flight.

11. cockpitvisit
    Original Member

cockpitvisit Gold Member

Status Points:
    I sure hope they had Groundhog Day on offer :D

12. Those seats are a torture. Can't sleep during these 12 hours flight. Can you sleep with your head on a vertical position? I can't. Never again with Cathay Pacific unless they change these seats. But changing these seats will cost them a fortune. Anyway it will cost them a fortune in both cases. NEVER NEVER again such a horrible experience. I loved CX but those seats made them hate CX and I don't know when I will fly again because I will always fear to have the same seats. WHAT A DEADLY MISTAKE!

ACMM likes this.
  13. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    zygmondy ... Welcome to milePoint and congratulations on your first post! :)

modhop likes this.