Is Award Wallet the Best Site to Track Miles?

Discussion in 'AwardWallet' started by Lighthouse, Feb 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Lighthouse
    Original Member

Lighthouse Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have been very impressed with the new version of Award wallet released in January. Has any one found anything truly comparable or better to this version?

2. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    I really like AwardWallet too. The only possible downsides (small ones) is that their iPhone app is not very good and the site is not great at grabbing travel itineraries automatically (although if you search for them there is no problem).

I'm a very satisfied user.

3. adl73x
    Original Member

adl73x Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like that Award Wallet has an iPhone app. (Something I miss with Mileage Manager). Also that it allows multiple Amex Membership Rewards programs per member - useful as I have cards in more than one country. I like that it covers programs as diverse as Tesco Clubcard and multiple eRewards accounts, and the graphical weekly statements showing program movements are very nice too.

Nicole Blaess-Smith likes this.
  4. Westsox
    Original Member

Westsox Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think it is a great program and have had very few problems with the site. I really like the way it tracks miles and points for multiple people so that I can easily keep up with everything for all five family members.

5. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
  6. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Casey Friday Silver Member

Status Points:
    I love AwardWallet. Although I haven't tried any other sites, I wrote a blog post about AW, and they gave me a free upgrade to AW+. Really cool management.

7. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like that I paid $1 and got the upgraded version

Tenmoc and Nicole Blaess-Smith like this.
  8. EYK
    Original Member

EYK Active Member

Status Points:
    I haven't tried any others but like the setup, the only problem I have is I find that the balances don't update frequently enough.

9. giggs
    Original Member

giggs Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have tried a couple, including mileport.com, but have found www.awardwallet.com the best in terms of UI and they way it presents the data.

I donated some cash to get the upgraded version as it is worth it to me to have that info. Hopefully all the people that I referred are signing up.... [​IMG]

the_happiness_store likes this.
  10. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just renewed, they upped the minimum contribution amount to $5 every 6 months, still a heck of a lot cheaper than other sites.

You can tell it to check all balances by clicking the button at the top of your accounts page.

Tenmoc likes this.
  11. travelfree
    Original Member

travelfree Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just signed up and am really impressed with the site. I manage all of the travel accounts for my family and have been manually tracking these for years. Haven't uploaded credit card information yet and may not feel secure enough to do so in the future. Great time saver.
    Does anyone know if there is an Android Ap for AW?

12. AwardWallet

AwardWallet Z Representative

Status Points:
    The Android application is currently being developed.

peteyboy100 and rajuabju like this.
  13. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    AwardWallet is by far the best program tracker out there that I've tried, and I've signed up for almost every site I've come across to compare. I wasnt crazy about the new redesign in January when it came out, but its steadily been improved as the design team took in feedback from members. I expect further refinements to continue.

The breadth of programs they cover is by far the deepest of any site I know of. I just wish Southwest werent such pooheads and actively blocking AW. Other than that flaw (and its not AW's fault at all), its an incredible resource for me to manage and review over 40 programs for 5 different people.

alpinesoccer likes this.
  14. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    I cant wait. I'm a big Droid fan and will definitely pay/donate for the Android app when its released.

15. justinhamlin
    Original Member

justinhamlin Active Member

Status Points:
    Been an Award Wallet fan for a few months now, and I did read that the iPhone and Android apps are being developed. It sounds like they are run by a small team, but they definitely understand what all of us want!

16. treznor

treznor Active Member

Status Points:
    Only thing I don't like is that it doesn't report my Amex accounts correctly. I have both a business card (for which it pulls the correct number of points) and a SPG Amex (for which it should report no points as they go into the SPG account but it instead reports the number of points I have from by business card). Not a huge deal as it only really messes up the total points metric at the bottom and it obviously is so unimportant to me that I haven't gotten around to reporting the issue to Award Wallet.

17. todd-r
    Original Member

todd-r Active Member

Status Points:
    I have been an AW user since the beginning and love the site. Especially the Travel Plans section!

18. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Jaimito Cartero Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think it's a nice program, overall. Still hangs up on occasion, but perhaps that's not all their fault. The new layout is a bit much, but still much better than previous programs I've used.

19. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just wish they'd put the 'check all balances' button at the top of the page rather than making me scroll through 30-odd programs to get to it [​IMG]

adl73x and Fiji like this.
  20. wanderlust
    Original Member

wanderlust Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wasn't a fan of the redesign, but they have tweaked it so it is at least bearable again. I haven't found a site I like more for tracking reward programs, and I'm looking forward to the Android app.

They have an early build of the Android app available, if you want to test it out. I'll wait for the full version [​IMG].

21. Lighthouse
    Original Member

Lighthouse Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sendaiben,
    Yes I agree. I think it would be easy for them to have 'check all the balances' buttons at both the top and bottom. In addition I agree with your earlier statement about travel itineraries. I often find that when I cancel a trip AW will continue to show it as an active reservation weeks later.

22. AwardWallet

AwardWallet Z Representative

Status Points:
    We do have that already ;) At the top look for "Update All" button.

sendaiben likes this.
  23. Lighthouse
    Original Member

Lighthouse Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. You move quickly.

24. SocialAdept
    Original Member

SocialAdept Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm currently using Tripit Pro on trial (ending the last of this month). Anybdoy here that's used both that can relate their pros/cons in relation to each other?

25. dkelly1110
    Original Member

dkelly1110 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think the TripIt interface looks a lot better. It is cleaner, more organized and for god's sake, smaller. Maybe its my 27 year old eyes, but I don't need a large-font, spread out interface. TripIt does a good job at organizing bookings with the same dates into the trips (and usually does a 99% accurate job). With Tripit, I forward the itineraries/confirmation emails to their address (although I understand now they can pick them right out of your Gmail if you allow access) and they parse the data correctly. With some emails, they do not have the ability to parse correctly and they reject the email and you have to add the trip data yourself (this happened to me with a Four Seasons Preferred Partner email confirmation). On the other hand, AW will not group the itineraries into one trip, but list them by company (airline, hotel, rental car, etc) separately. Personally, I prefer the trip organization method better, but others may prefer seeing the data organized the other way.

As I think of other differences, i will edit this post.

SocialAdept likes this.