is 800-795-6307 a Chase number or a Scam??

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by Jane Chan, May 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Jane Chan

Jane Chan Member

Status Points:
    I called the above number as indicated by bloggers on onlinetravelreview, slickdeals and one other blogger site to call about the Chase Freedom $300 cash back. I just called and gave my personal info, where I work , my gross income, email address etc and at the end of the conversation, I was told I would know in 10 business days. When I asked , "don't you need my social security number", I was told we already have it"

Was I scammed????

Oh...on reconsideration line at 888-245=0625 , number wasn't a scam as Chase has the info on my Chase Freedom Application.....

Approved for Chase Freedom , getting expedited now.

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    It's real .. and if it was a scam then they would WANT your SS#, no? ;)

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. Jane Chan

Jane Chan Member

Status Points:
    I thought for Every credit card you apply for, you need to give your social security number for CSR to check your credit report......????

This is the lst time CSR never asked for my SS #....very nervous even though I have been approved following a call to the Reconsideration Dept.... Is Chase Watching me now???

4. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points:
    If there are ever doubts call the # on the back of you card or the number listed on the banks website.