Is 5000 miles worth two wine shipments to a wine drinker

Discussion in 'Hawaiian Airlines | HawaiianMiles' started by daninstl, Mar 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thoughts on the value per mile on a recent email promising 5000 miles with two shipments after joining the wine club deal. Thoughts or opinions? I have ordered from the wine club before so I understand the quality issues.

2. particlemn

particlemn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have read many accounts of having to fight for these points, after the two shipments, and then the long process of canceling. i have stayed clear of these deals and i purchase 3 cases per month

wombat18 and iolaire like this.
  3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Depends on how you value your miles. I know with Vinesse and Wine Insiders (or whatever they're called) you're looking at one relatively cheap shipment and another rather expensive one, since the first shipment is usually under an introductory offer but the second one is not.

My personal experience with Vinesse was that they would call and call trying to get me to continue my membership (they gave up eventually, but it literally took months) and you have to stay on top of them to make sure you get the miles, otherwise it might roll into the next month and you've spent a fortune for "average at best" wine, when you might as well have purchased the 5k miles. :)

wombat18 likes this.
  4. wombat18
    Original Member

wombat18 Silver Member

Status Points:
    No, its not worth the hassle. The wine, in my experience with Vinesse, was very ordinary.