Irrops mileage question

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Lufthansa Flyer, Sep 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi all!

Started out today grr ord SFO sna. Irrop due to broken seat (wasn't even needed), led to me missing ord SFO. Am rebooked direct ord sna.

Question is can I still request mileage to mp for original route, or am I forced to accept mileage from reroute. If entitled to original route miles what is best way to claim, since I Assume that the new routes miles will post automatically. Only a matter of couple of hundred miles maybe, but they add up all the same

Thx

2. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    It all depends on how you were re-booked ORD-SNA as if you were re-booked in a full fare class, then you will get a class of service bonus which could make up for the missing miles, give you extra eqm's and an extra 1/2 eqs. Take a look at the chart here and you will see the breakdown and if you "qualify" ;) you might be better off taking the re-book but if you were not re-booked in a full fare class, then once the miles post, give a call to MP and tell them what happened (and make sure that you tell them it was IRROPS) and they should fix it for you tho you might have to fax in your original BP's and a copy of your e-receipt. Now with all of that, look at your MP summary and when the miles post, see if there is any class of service bonus which should show as "bonus for booking code" of something similar which will tell you that you were re-booked in a full fare class