IRROPS and Premium Economy

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by tomh009, Aug 16, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just a short note to let people know that when it comes to IRROPS, Premium Economy will get rebooked into J if there is no PE available.

I was booked on AC006 (HND-YYZ on 788) a week ago, when I got notified that the flight would be delayed by about six hours. I called AC (Skype ...) and the agent told me there were no seats on NRT-YYZ that day, but she found availability through YYC. Then I thought to ask what class I would get seated on: she thought Y, but fortunately she checked with a supervisor who confirmed that it should rebook to J. Once we knew that, she was then able to secure me one of the remaining seats on NRT-YYZ and I could get home at the scheduled time. :cool:

2. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think there is good intent by AC to treat PE customers well. its a good money making fare for them.

WilliamQ and ACMM like this.
  3. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Recent flight in PE showed me they indeed to seem to treat the PE customers well. Service was very good IMHO.

londoncalling and WilliamQ like this.
  4. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well.... not exactly.

I experienced IRROPS on the first leg of a YEG-YVR-HKG flight and was told to deal with it in YVR. The CS desk there arranged to book us on CX in lieu of AC as we had a flight to catch ex HKG, which would have been impossible is we took the next AC flight. At first they were going to book us in Y on CX, though eventually we wound up in PE (which is class R in CX land).

On the return flight (AC PE), I noted that there were no amenity kits offered, contrary to what the website claims. Anyone experience PE amenity kits? Small issue, I know!

5. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't even take the amenity kits in J!

londoncalling and YULtide like this.
  6. The Lev
    Original Member

The Lev Silver Member

Status Points:
    IIRC they are the old mini "day flight" J kits.

londoncalling and YULtide like this.