Irop on TK; yesterday's mess at IST

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by redtailshark, Aug 4, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm sure others were there... traffic sequencing at IST in late afternoon drove an hour hold for my LIS flight, resulting in a missed connection. Apparently this happened to numerous flights. Anyway, then the fun began.... connecting flight just closed out by the time I reach the gate, so I set off in search of rebooking assistance. Bounced around from desk to lounge to desk for 30 minutes in the steamy airport.

This wasn't ideal either. Why don't TK make the announcement onboard, "those in need of rebooking please go to the transit desk at 214?"

Having been told by the first desk, go the lounge to receive assistance, and then by the lounge, to go to the transfer desk, I was hot and sticky and not in the best mood by the time I arrived. The next A3 service was totally booked - no doubt by irroped flyers who'd made it to the desk before me - and so I had to wait four hours or so for the last ATH flight.

At least they preserved my J seat although there's quite a difference between the 773 (yes, IST-ATH evening flight is consistently operated by 77W) and the 320.

Bag not delivered either so I'm waiting on it now.

Although the food and hard product are good, TK are not the best at handling irops. The pax handling needs to be timelier, better informed and more efficient and then people wouldn't complain so much.

milchap likes this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do you know for certain that an announcement at IST wasn't made in Turkish, but not in English?

3. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't know what was said in Turkish, sadly. But I know such an announcement certainly wasn't made in English, Spanish, French or German. Also, numerous others in line ahead were complaining of similar issues on their misconnects. So the problem wasn't just with me.

Newscience likes this.