Ireland - Gas

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by euromannn, Apr 5, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:
    What are the cheap Petro stations iN Dublin and around Ireland?

How much is gasoline in Ireland?

I see 1.46e/liter.
    1 Liter = 1/4 gallon

So gasoline in Ireland costs $5.84/gallon! OUCH!!!!!

Are there

Newscience likes this.
  2. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Try this website http://www.pumps.ie/ . It is showing prices in the 130-133c per liter range with diesel being a little cheaper. If your going to rent a car in Europe try to get a diesel as the fuel can be a little cheaper in many places and typically the MPG is higher. You will find fuel to be higher in Europe vs the USA always.

Oh and Northern Ireland uses different currency last time I checked. Credit card would be the way to go on this as well.

3. jcsjcs

jcsjcs Active Member

Status Points:
    If you calculate to 2 digits after the decimal point, you may want to use 1 gallon = 3.7854 liters.

Anyway, fuel in Europe is much more expensive than in the US because of ridiculously high taxes that lead to higher MPGs. Distances in Europe (and especially in Ireland) are much shorter than in the US, so I'd advice to not worry about the high price.

JCS.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  4. mikeact

mikeact Member

Status Points:
    Ireland is expensive.....full stop. If you are near the border with the North, it can be worth going over to fill up as it will be a little less expensive. (And the Antrim coast area is spectacular)

anileze likes this.
  5. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm so used to the fuel costs that I didn't think to warn you. That being said if you really want to get around quickly you need to drive.