Iran looks to resume flights to US

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by uggboy, Sep 30, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    || Iran looks to resume flights to US ||

[​IMG]

sobore and NYCUA1K like this.
  2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Considering how much damage can be done by large commercial planes in the hands of fanatics, Iran's history with breeding fanaticism, and the 30-yr bad blood between the two countries, this request is a tall order. On the other hand, the new Iranian leader genuinely seems ready, as does Obama, to chart a new course, so that resumption of flights between Tehran and the US could be thrown in the mix of the diplomatic negotiations....

guinnessxyz, LETTERBOY and uggboy like this.
  3. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do they have long haul planes that will cover it non-stop ?

guinnessxyz and uggboy like this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess, when the time comes they will invest into new long haul planes. Regarding this move, the new leader of Iran and the administration, namely Obama seem to be open to kick start relation in the future, for now, one step at a time, but it's a step in the right direction, as the mantra goes " build relation and build further ". This could profit both sides, new / good / re-warmed relations with Iran, probably means an "ally" this could play positive for the US in the Middle East and in the other direction, for Iran, this plays out well regarding investments in their economy, plus stimulates trade for both countries. As we all know, direct flights or one stop connections are a great start to show some progress towards a possible / peaceful / trustworthy solution in the future, in which both countries can profit from it in meaningful ways.

guinnessxyz, mrx900 and NYCUA1K like this.
  5. mrx900
    Original Member

mrx900 Silver Member

Status Points:
    the govts should heed the call of their citizens. Iranian people have no issues with Americans--if anything, they welcome us with open arms. They only have issues with our one-sided policies in that region. (afterall, lets admit it, we overthrew a democratically elected govt there in '56 and replaced it with the Shah).....so I can understand if 'the kebab platter didn't taste good' . civil aviation is one way to break down cultural ignorance, create understanding of each other, and bring harmony, by introducing bridges to each other. Lets give a peace a chance.

guinnessxyz and uggboy like this.
  6. mrx900
    Original Member

mrx900 Silver Member

Status Points:
    They got a Boeing 747-200, which I personally wouldn't fly, but I have seen it reach Kuala Lumpur. IranAir's Homa Class executive service is pretty good, from what I hear. The food is awesome, and if you ask, they will even let you take some of the tea cups home as souvenirs. (It has the pegasus logo on it).

7. Air Canada has had plans to fly NS from YYZ to Teheran but were denied permission due to NA security agreements with the US.

I lived in Iran back when for 4 years and would love to visit again in peaceful conditions

anileze and uggboy like this.