iPhone 5 - which carrier?

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by KyRoamer, Oct 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I ordered from AT&T for my wife but still have time to change. In my area AT&T reception is good, but I drop a call now and then. Verizon is a little better here but not by much. Sprint friends brag as do T-Mobile about how few drops they encounter. I travel and have had good luck generally with AT&T. I use a Blackberry:D but my wife is iPhone all the way.

Verizon and Sprint seem crippled as you cannot talk and access data. my wife looks up phone numbers or Googles for information all the time when on the phone. She talks to friends and emails pictures and more.

So for me, AT&T and T-Mobile seems best. Thoughts?

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    You ordered the iPhone 5? :D

AT&T sucks here in the Bay Area, but I make up for it by using unlimited cheap data roaming in places like Tokyo, Seoul, Brussels, ... where the 3G networks are awesome.

Personally I like Sprint and might switch my wife from the Evo 4G to the iPhone 4S one of these months.

catgirl likes this.
  3. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    It seems like all cellphone markets are the same.... to get 100% proper coverage, you need at least two phones running different carriers. Maybe SIN and HKG are exceptions.....

4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do you mean iPhone 4S?

Jimgotkp and KyRoamer like this.
  5. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    :oops:

6. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    AT&T used to work in Seattle, so I didn't mind switching to them when I got my first iPhone (3GS). But I agree it totally sucks in the Bay Area, where I had to stand in the street. Now I have to stand in the street in Seattle, too, so I switched to Verizon when I got my 4S. Also, I'm likely to move to SF or DC when I graduate next year, so I want a phone that will work wherever I am.

Given that AT&Ts server crashed yesterday, and I've never waited less than 20 minutes when calling their customer service, I don't think Verizon can be any worse.

rwoman likes this.