Ipad mini dreamer

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Tarence Trapp, Mar 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Tarence Trapp

Tarence Trapp New Member

Status Points:
    An Ipad mini was on my wife's wish list. Hope I can win it for her.

uggboy likes this.
  2. weevinweaver

weevinweaver Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why should you win an iPad Mini?

3. suetheblue

suetheblue New Member

Status Points:
    it was on my wish list for christmas. i didnt get one
    so keeping my fingers cross and hope that i winn one :)

4. Charucki

Charucki Active Member

Status Points:
    I want one !!

5. pcalvert@indigoconsulting

pcalvert@indigoconsulting New Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the opportunity :)

6. tunsu1

tunsu1 New Member

Status Points:
    How do I enter the ipad mini competition?

7. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Hi tunsu1 and welcome to MilePoint! By registering and posting on MilePoint, you're already entered :)

weevinweaver and uggboy like this.
  8. stedger2

stedger2 Active Member

Status Points:
    I want one too!

deltagoldLass and uggboy like this.
  9. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Me too, I haven't won one yet.

10. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good to know, cheers. :)

11. Maureena23

Maureena23 New Member

Status Points:

Because I have faced tremendous hardship in the past 3 years but through it all I remained calm, and exhibited "Grace Under Pressure", while my family fell apart due to not understanding what was happening in my life, nor caring to ask.

I lost a great job, which is where I stocked up all the frequent flyer miles, then my life's savings in 2008 even though I'd asked my broker to transfer everything to cash and he didn't. I let it go. My mother died. And my brother in law, still not over the death of his father at age 15 (he's over 50 now), literally on the day we buried mom, he flipped out. I was an easy target because, being single, I find men are more hostile as they would never treat another man's woman as my brother in law did me. He locked me in his van when I was getting out....we'd just had a lovely lunch my dad hosted for 400 people after the burial.

His son, my nephew has a great girlfriend who lives near me. She was going to drop me off at my home, as we'd arrived at my sister and her husbands and he drove due his big car. I tried to get out. He locked all the doors, Cece was pounding on the window. And away we went. He said crazy things and I was terrified. The short trip along Lake Shore Drive seemed to last forever. Finally he opened the locks at a stop sign, and I attempted to depart and he slammed on the gas causing me to fly back into the car. He laughed. He did this 2 more times and he wasn't paying attention, because i was mostly out of the car at the 3rd stop sign, a block from my high rise apartment complex. Only he did not realize how quickly I'd tried to escape. I was almost killed or seriously hurt when he floored the gas again, realized I was holding onto the door, my feet dragging. and he pulled some type of McGuiver move and swerved and I flew back into the car with my head hitting the back seat's window across from where I had been and causing a concussion.

After 3 days I realized he had lost it due to not being over Lou, his dad who died when he was 15 and I told him I forgave him. But, my best friend is a police officer, and she also grew up across the street from my sister's husband. After pleading with me I finally just told the police I had been almost killed but in no way does this mean he should be arrested. Well they came over and saw me and it's clear, who would make up such a tale? My shaking hands revealed trauma, and my best friend? Why would I lie to her, I've known her since I was 6.

The police wished to arrest him, but I said no. I would not press charges. I only made the call due to my friends experience that most abuse happens in families. So, they just called him and said, "Leave her alone".

Well, that was the end of my family. He lied, denied, and I refused to tell my father who'd just lost his wife, my mother, of 52 years. So, I let it go.

I then was targeted in a white collar crime. just as the job market started blossoming. I didn't know what what happening but each of the 3 lawyers I hired stole from me. So I represented myself. and ultimately won.

But during this intense phase - 18 months - my family assumed I was lazy and didn't want to work. My former best friend, my sister, changed and turned her kids against me.

Through all or most of this, I held my head high, I wrote, I sang, I laughed and I refused to hate anyone.

I thank my mother for her empathy which had I not had so much of that, I may have turned angry.

I thank the fact that learning 'social media' primarily to stay relevant as I am a marketing professional, yielded far more than the how to's easily obtained from many sources so I could put together a plan for a friend - for free and include it on my resume.

No, Google Plus, twitter and LinkedIn, my three favorite - plus Pinterest, allowed me to meet some of the kindest people on earth. Literally. It opened an entire world to me because I have friends in Bahrain, Egypt, India, all across the US, and I speak with them.

Many on social media just post inspirational quotes. Or a brief documentary. Most of the content is highly uplifting. Spending a few hours reading kind notes, listening to YouTube and rediscovering my favorite band when I was a teen, Queen, helped me to forgive, forgetting will take time, but I'm still happy, I have solved and won the White Collar Crime, and my only problem.is I cannot see as well as I used to. Doing most of my social media on my iPhone 5 has been difficult.

I wish to encourage other people going through unfortunate life circumstances that typically it is the people who are not 'self aware' or have no empathy who decide to make up lies to explain why their previously very successful - in monetary terns, has been too busy fighting for her home and had to learn the law due to the lawyers who lied to me so I could ultimately win. I may get my family back, (my father and brother were always by my side) but the pain of being a respected, loved aunt to my sister's two older kids, who I developed loving relationships with, has been almost unbearable. How could a sister do that? I helped her so much.

But, alas, I choose happiness and forgiveness. And I intend to write my story for an article requested by a major publication, on my new ipad Mini. I hope the message of forgiveness will resonate because hate or resentment only hurt the person who's suffered enough. And the information I optained about how the human mind and soul have a far greater capacity to deal with tradgity than we realize, was a tweet from Depak Chopra. I literally feel content that anything life throws at me I will deal with and remain calm and exhibit "Grace Under Pressure - the true measure of Character" which I read in a quote app and Winston Chircil said something like this so I paraphrased. But, it makes me realize even a small inspirational quote can stick with you and help you though life's hardships.

Besides warning others of the crime I fell prey to by drafting a article about it, I hope when people read it it helps them not only be aware, but also should anything in life hit you hard, and take you to a new place where in my case I was a well paid VP who was very generous. The key is to handle yourself with dignity and grace. And don't forget to laugh a lot. There are many unfortunate stories, but my story is a happy one and through it I learned I had a 'fight" in my to save my home, when family were telling me "walk away". I realized my years as a business development rep at a large architectural firm and then as a VP at a real estate developer, where I hired world-class designers, triggered in me a creative side that had I not gotten laid off, I never would have had the time to tap into. I design awesome jewelry - repurposing the expensive white diamonds I bought when I had more money than I knew what to do with, and the beautiful gemstones I collect and the individual who's store I used to assemple or construct my jewelry told me I was not only a good designer, I was great, and he encouraged me to do this full time.

After discounting his praise, his wife and my friend who were both present when the amazing complement was delivered, said this 30-year designer well known in NY and Chicago, would Never say such things and rarely does. He encouraged me to develop my portfolio and shop it around. I will need an iPad Mini to do this.

In summary: I deserve to win because I not only survived many set backs which any one would and have caused people to kill themselves, with grace, and calm, and by telling my story, writing it on the ipad mini, I will help others, who do not have such strength - which I literally leaned I had as my life was falling apart.

Further there is always one or two or more good aspects of taking a break from a very long career, one that started at age 14 and that put me trough college. In my case, I tapped into a creativity that was right there all the time, but I just hadn't the time to explore it. And I gained confidence to create a company - with a partner, which we both put on hold and I learned he was going through a white collar crime as well: embezzelment by a former partner. He told me when I told him of mine. And I read on the FBI's web site WCC expanded after the great depression and is on the rise now. So If I can alert just one person to the signs they are in trouble, it will be worth it.

And lastly, I wish to win because I usually use my social media accounts in the evening, late. I get in bed, turn off the computer and it's a much more relaxed way to interact with my friends and finally, I need the ipad mini to shop my gorgeous portfolio of earrings and pendants - that one national chain, upon seeing only earrings I was wearing was interested to see the rest.

I can also use the ipad mini to work on my web site, rearrange my pieces, but I must have the best tablet to present my jewelry, which is both unique and stunning. (the famous jewelry's words).

Sincerely,

Maureen A. Hartnett

weevinweaver likes this.
  12. weevinweaver

weevinweaver Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well my story may not be as LONG, but its pretty important too. I need an iPad mini so I can watch movies on the airplane. Everyone wants to have an enjoyable flight, so milepoint should buy iPad mini's for everyone!

13. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    If you haven't won this time around, you really might want to make it a habit to be active on Milepoint. Post your experiences, ask questions to become a more knowledgeable traveler. In just over the last two years, Milepoint has given away more than 60 iPad's to their members. Friendly to use, friendly to learn and pretty friendly place to earn an iPad if the future is anything like the past.

Here's another example: if you would have make a loan to help a charity effort, you could have been eligible to win one of two iPad mini's HERE. This was a wonderful chance to help others and help yourself ... the odds were fabulous, two iPad mini's went to just 48 members, your odds of winning, just 1:24. I don't think you could have beat those odds anywhere and all Milepoint was asking was to make a loan to help someone. Charity rocks here on Milepoint.

14. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    :):):):):)

15. deltagoldLass

deltagoldLass Silver Member

Status Points:
    So
    If I make a modest loan of 25-100 dollars, is it a one time loan or am I obligated to continuing that sum on a monthly basis? Or, may I make loans,
    As I am able ,with my fluctuating financial obligations ?
    Please clarify I hope I can participate in charitable work here
    Pay it forward as "they" say :)
    Nina

uggboy likes this.
  16. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    With Kiva you decide when and if you can loan. There are no obligations. In fact if you only ever made one loan for $25 then that is your choice. If you have not signed up for Kiva yet check out the Kiva thread here on MP. With regards to loans and the mini, that promo ended.

17. monicadl

monicadl New Member

Status Points:
    I'm new too and would love to win an ipad mini!

18. soren1

soren1 Member

Status Points:
    wow! hope to win! **crossing fingers**

19. Kelly Pole

Kelly Pole New Member

Status Points:
    When will be result declared?

20. alfagirl

alfagirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Randy posted the winners, there actually ended up being 2 giveaways, some time ago. I forget where, tho'. You can probably do a search.

21. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Announced in the member newsletter HERE.

No worries, there will likely be additional ones given away at some point in the future.