Introduction: Amsterdam Via Britain And Indonesia (Sort Of)

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 10, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Last fall's SkyTeam business class fare sales from the West Coast to Europe were truly the gifts that kept on giving. Initially I booked a roundtrip to Madrid, on Air France and KLM, for about $1,800, and I ended up going on that trip in April. Surprisingly and unbelievably enough, fares dropped even further, and around Halloween of last year the fares were so low that I couldn't resist booking another roundtrip. The Madrid airfares were tempting again at under $1,300, but I saw that nonstops in Upper Class on Virgin Atlantic were available from select West Coast cities for around the $1,500 mark. In the end, I booked an itinerary from San Jose to London (via Los Angeles) for the week of July Fourth, and I figured I'd piece the rest of the itinerary together at a later time. My decision to fly Virgin Atlantic out of LAX ultimately was a fortuitous one, because Virgin has since put the 787 Dreamliner into service on the LAX-Heathrow route (even if the new plane meant an end to French champagne), and, to boot, Virgin opened its new Clubhouse at LAX just a little over two months ago, which I've been excited to try. The post Introduction: Amsterdam Via Britain And Indonesia (Sort Of) appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...