Introducing Your Room

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by Your Room, Dec 19, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Your Room

Your Room Member

Status Points:
    Good day, guys,

We have just set up a team to be the reservation agents. We search for your specific hotel and you quote your price. There's no additional fee and you never need to hand us your credit card details.

Simple Steps To Enjoy Your Room (Edited version, to make things clear)

Situation : You wanna stay at XYZ hotel, official website rate is 200usd and you're wondering whether you could get some discounted price. However you would like to earn points and elite night with the hotel chain so you don't wish to book with any OTA or opaque site.

1. Submit a form to us at : http://fs30.formsite.com/YourRoom/Yourrom/index.html or http://quoteyourroom.wix.com/yourroom
    Notes : You only need to fill in your full name and email address for your personal details. No home address, no phone number, no credit card details.

2. We will contact you in 24hours to let you know whether we could get you XYZ hotel at your quoted rate. If we could and you agree, we will proceed with reservation and negotiation with hotel.

3. Reservation done, confirmation number handed to you. You check online or with the hotel if you are in doubt of anything, then only seal the deal with us.

4. You change the credit card details on the reservation, we double check.

5. You stay, pay to the hotel the rate on your itinerary upon check-out, hotel credit points and elite stay into your account and you pay the balance from your quoted price to us.

We will blacklist you for future request in any case below :
    - You refuse to pay to us after your stay.
    - You refuse to change the card details on the reservation after sealing the deal with us.
    - You didn't check-in or cancel the reservation without prior notice to our team. Please note that our reservations always have free cancellation policy.

We welcome you to share with us if you have any kind of doubts at any point of the procedure above. Regards.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure I understand... my guess is that you're guaranteeing a lower rate than what the hotel offers, otherwise what's the point?

And I assume that I would still earn stay / night credit and points for money spent?

And what's the deal with "PM me and I'll send you the website" -- that just sounds all kinds of fishy :)

3. Your Room

Your Room Member

Status Points:
    Yes, for example XYZ hotel is selling at a price of 100 euro on their website or any other websites, but your budget is 80 euro. You could submit a request form for us and we will search for / negotiate the price for you to hit your expectation. All reservation will be made directly with the hotel with your name and address. Once I have your reservation ready and you're happy with it, then only is the deal sealed. We will provide you the reservation number which you could check online or check with the hotel, then only you need to attach your own credit card details onto the reservations.

Since we always make reservations directly with the hotel, you will always earn elite night and points, and of course you could double confirm with the hotel about it before the deal is sealed.

I wanted to post the website link directly here, but milepoint function doesn't allow me to do so as a new member with less than 10 posts.

Remarks : What we need is only the following :

- Your Name
    - Your Email Address
    - Hotel/hotel brand of your choice and your date
    - The price that you're willing to pay

If we found such a deal, we will contact you and double confirm with you before we proceed further.

Note that we DO NOT need your credit card details or your membership number, you could contact the hotel directly to attach your own card details and your membership umber onto the reservation after it's all done.

You don't have to pay us any upfront fee. You only need to pay us the balance between the price you have quoted and the price you have paid to the hotel. Here is an example :

1. Mr. ABC wanna stay at XYZ hotel but the online rate of XYZ hotel official website is 200 euro. Mr. ABC wanna look for a chance to reduce his room rate and submitted a form at Your Room, and he has quoted that he is willing to pay 150 euro for the specific XYZ hotel of his choice.

2. Our team has found the possibility to get him a room at XYZ hotel at 125 euro which he will need to pay to the hotel and we contacted Mr. ABC to double confirmed the reservation details.

3. Mr. ABC agree with the details of his reservation.

4. Our team proceed to make a reservation at XYZ hotel using Mr. ABC name and home address with Your Room reservation team's credit card.

5. We handed the reservation number to Mr. ABC showing the amount of 125 euro and Mr. ABC attached his hotel loyalty program membership number for XZY brand (not necessary if Mr. ABC doesn't intend to earn elite night and hotel loyalty points).

6. Mr. ABC pay 125 euro to XYZ hotel upon check-out and pay 25 euro to our team after his stay via paypal. Mr.ABC has used a total of 150 euro as he wish to have a stay at XYZ hotel.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Way too complicated, plus you have no guarantee that I'll pay you via PayPal after the stay. Also, risk of no-show and many other situations make this just a mess.

I cannot see this being smart business for any of the involved parties.

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am curious what kind of properties you are targeting. I doubt you can negotiate much of a discount (unless you use a corporate or other discount rate I am not eligible for) at most hotels I book. E.g., I have a two or three day trip coming up where my choice of hotels will likely be a $100 Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn or perhaps a $120 Doubletree.

Newscience likes this.
  6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Plus I don't like the requirement of sending my home address and dates I will be away from home by PM or email to some anonymous stranger. Instead of finding a hotel room, for all I know the plan could be to sell these details to someone who will break into my home while I'm away.

Some of us don't like to use Paypal either.

7. Laptop Nomad

Laptop Nomad Silver Member

Status Points:
    Lets say it is for a five night stay. According to your rate is it 25 euro/ night for 5 nights or just 25 euro for this reservation? Either way I have to agree that this is a not a well thought out plan.

Newscience likes this.
  8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Could always put it here as a non-clickable URL. E.g., yourroom . com . au (I assume that's not your site :D)

Newscience likes this.
  9. Your Room

Your Room Member

Status Points:
    No worry for us, since we are working on small capital and we don't have to pay for any reservation upfront, we could take the risk where our customer decide not to pay us after their stay, we will just blacklist them.

10. Your Room

Your Room Member

Status Points:
    We are targeting International Hotel Chain. And we don't use any rate which will make you stuck at the hotel front desk upon check-in, you could always verify the reservation online or with the hotel before you decide whether to seal the deal with us or not. Plus, you only pay to us after your stay.

11. Your Room

Your Room Member

Status Points:
    Thanks a lot for your feedback, we take your comment seriously and we have removed the home address requirement, it's not required until you decide to seal the deal. Alternatively, you could always provide us your office address. Thanks a lot for your feedback once again.

Regarding payment, we could accept any form of payment including paypal, bank transfer etc.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
    HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  12. Your Room

Your Room Member

Status Points:
    Our reservation tool is pretty simple, you quote the price which you're willing to pay for us (regardless it's an 1 night stay or it's a 5 nights stay, what we do is to find a rate lower than the rate you quoted and you pay us the balance between your quoted rate and the paid rate to the hotel.

For eg :

You wanna stay at New York 5stars hotel for 3nights at total cost of 1000 usd and we are able to get you such a room at 800 usd. So you pay 800usd to the hotel and 200 usd to us. Hope that's clear.

13. Your Room

Your Room Member

Status Points:
    That's a brilliant idea and my URL is quoteyourroom . wix . com / yourroom

14. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    What do you do when I have a booking guaranteed on your CC and I no-show. The hotels don't like that and usually charge the first night's rate to the card on file. It won't take many of those to cost you a lot of cash.

Beyond that the cash flow process still makes very little sense to me.

Are you registered as a travel agent to be making bookings for people? Depending on the jurisdictions in which you operate that could raise some legal issues as well.

Newscience and viguera like this.
  15. Your Room

Your Room Member

Status Points:
    We are currently doing free cancellation reservation only and the cancellation policy is subject to respective hotel (usually up to 1 day before arrival). Once you choose to accept the reservation which we have done for you, we require you to change the card details into your own card details on the reservation through the hotel online system or directly contact with the hotel.

It might a deal sounds too good for you, we understand about your concern. However, you could always check your reservation on the hotel chain online system or directly contact the hotel if you have any concern with the reservation. Until this is done, you don't have to seal the deal with us.

If the card details on the reservation is still not changed into your own card details within the free cancellation period, we will choose to cancel the reservation and blacklist the customer if no notice is given for cancellation.

By the way, you're free to cancel the reservation which we have done for you anytime but a prior notice should be given to us. In this case, you don't have to pay us.

We are not authorized or affiliated with any hotel chain and due to this we couldn't publish in which hotel we could make reservation. However, no legal issues are touched since we are just acting as 'a friend of you who helped you look for cheaper price at the hotel of your choice'.

We welcome any further comment and discussion. Thanks.

16. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    You didn't mention that before. That helps a bit.

How will you track if I actually complete the stay or not such that I owe you money? If it is in my name and my CC you should no longer have any insight into the booking.

It is also unclear how you expect to find much better deals than the published rates for hotels if you are only using refundable bookings and not using corporate discount codes. Is the goal simply to take advantage of people who do not know what the rates should be and therefor "bid" a price higher than the published rate? Because that's not so good.

There is simply all sorts of things which don't add up in this plan.

17. Your Room

Your Room Member

Status Points:
    We are focusing on hotel chain reservation. That means that we could check the reservation online easily as long as we have the reservation number and your name. If you seal a deal with us but when we ask for the 'fee', you claim that you did not stay for that reservation without giving us prior notice, there's no point to argue and we will just blacklist you in the future.

In other words, if you choose to accept our reservation and did not give us any notification about your wish to cancel the reservation, we are expecting you to transfer us the 'fee' (which is equivalent to your quoted rate - rate on reservation) after your stay.

Our rate is always lower than the rate on the hotel official website, we will even give you a link to the official website to show you the original rate. Again, rest assured that the rate is legit rate and you could always check it with the hotel before sealing the deal with us.

Regards.

18. Your Room

Your Room Member

Status Points:
    And we are currently looking into possibility to cooperate with hotel booking websites, travel bloggers or any other way. If you happened to be one, feel free to pm us. Regards.

19. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I'm a travel blogger. I think your business model is busted and your promises suspect.

Good luck.

Newscience likes this.
  20. Your Room

Your Room Member

Status Points:
    It seems that you're a well-known travel blogger but the way you have commented on us is not as professional. Leaving a stigma without even trying out our service is like leaving a hotel review without even trying to book it.

We kindly ask you to define 'suspect' in your statement and clarify your reasoning. We have answered all your questions mentioned, and you left us with such a comment without reasoning at the end.

We would hereby, like to reinstate, you are free to contact the hotel or view the reservation online before sealing the deal with us, our rate is legit. You never need to submit your personal information to us accept your name and email address.

We are still welcoming any questions but not comment without reasoning.

21. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    English is clearly not your first language; that's OK but if your target market is the English-speaking world you're going to need to work on that.

Beyond that, claiming that you can find publicly available, refundable rates which are cheaper than the published rates is suspect to me. As in suspicious or raising questions which seem to have no answers. Yes, you've answered the questions posed. But not in a way which would make me feel comfortable using your service. Your billing workflow is bad for both customers and your business. And the idea of a 3rd party "checking up on me" during a hotel stay is not comforting.

I appreciate that you think you've found a way to get a nice margin on hotel bookings. I just don't think that, as described, it is something I would ever recommend to anyone. But maybe I'm not your target audience.

Good luck.

22. Your Room

Your Room Member

Status Points:
    I'm glad that you have replied. First of all, yes, English is not my first language, sorry if you couldn't understand any part of my statement. We are not only targeting English market for your information, we are mainly targeting Chinese market and yes, my first language is Chinese. Do you wanna communicate in my first language instead? No worry, I won't mock at your Chinese, I will be happy to teach you since I know that it's not your first language

We would like to reinstate, again, you don't have to pay us anything before your stay. We are talking about trust and honesty, so yeah, you're not our target audience.

A poor fishmonger is selling fishes at a market and he wrote a notes in front of his stall with broken English stating 'Quote your price and I will decide'. You have the right not to buy from him as he might be suspicious to you for any reason. But does shouting out loud in front of his stall saying that he is suspicious without even trying to buy fishes from him or have a taste on his fish sound descent for you? If yes, go ahead then and god bless. It's either you have lost your conscience somewhere while trying your very best to have the highest number of click on your blog or you're selling your fishes at higher price in the market, great job then.

Talking about promises, we didn't promise that we could always fulfill our customers' requests, if we couldn't fulfill your request, we will inform you with a counter-offer if you wish. There's a possibility that we couldn't get you the room of your choice at your quoted price, and in that case, we will inform you as well and our deal stop there, no fee, that's how simple it is.

23. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    This still leaves the big question in my mind of how you are able to obtain cheaper refundable rates earning points/nights/stay credit from the hotel unless you're booking using corporate codes not available to the public or other special rates such as AAA or AARP available only to members. If so, this could be a problem at check in when the guest cannot produce the required credentials.

Newscience and Wandering Aramean like this.
  24. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The whole thing is rather... odd.

The room quote form linked in the OP is using a trial version of some form building online tool. The company's website doesn't have a proper domain name (hosted by wix.com, a website building tool). The company skirts state travel agent laws by declaring themselves my friend who helped me look for a cheaper price. This just doesn't look like the profile of a company that would have the ability to actually negotiate a lower than publicly available rate with major hotel chains.

Newscience likes this.
  25. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does this "business model" represent the future of hotel marketing? If not for us in the West, perhaps for quite a few million people in the East? Just because we are used to a system with various guarantees and fail-safes, I don't assume that is the same worldwide.