Introducing United Prosperity

Discussion in 'InsideFlyer Cares | community giving' started by Richa P, Oct 7, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Richa P

Richa P New Member

Status Points:
    Hi All,

My name is Richa Pokhriyal. I am delighted to join the milepoint community supporting initiatives for eliminating poverty. I would like to take this opportunity to introduce the non-profit organization I work for - United Prosperity. United Prosperity presents you the opportunity to directly help poor entrepreneurs and transform the lives of their families and communities by making a loan or a loan guarantee.

Lend: You select the entrepreneur to support and lend any amount you want. United Prosperity would consolidate the loan amounts from all online lenders and through a locally present Microfinance Institution(MFI) ; your loan will directly reach the entrepreneurs.

Guarantee: You select the entrepreneur to support and each $1 you contribute acts as collateral or a loan guarantee to a bank. Based on the guarantee, the bank makes a loan of nearly $2 to the entrepreneur though a partner Microfinance Institution (MFI). Thus you get greater impact with your funds.

Please visit us : http://www.unitedprosperity.org/us/ and learn more about the borrowers and their businesses.

Thanks and Regards,
    Richa

2. Bhalchander

Bhalchander New Member

Status Points:
    Hello All,

My name is Bhalchander Vishwanath and I am the founder and CEO of UnitedProsperity.org. Richa has already posted a brief introduction about us.

We have a few differences vis-a-vis Kiva. Lenders can make a guarantee and also lend. Guarantee doubles the impact for online lenders and also helps our partner microfinance institutions build a credit history with local banks making your impact more sustainable. We also typically work in regions having high levels of extreme poverty

We started in 2009, but had to temporarily pause online fund raising in late 2010 because of the microfinance crisis in India. We started again in late 2012 with Sri Lanka and now we have loans from India as well.

Since last month there has been a big jump in the number of loans online and we need your community's help in funding them.

Your community's support will help in several ways:
    - It will directly impact low income families
    - It will help our partner microfinance institution in Sri Lanka, build its credit history with a local bank allowing it to borrow even more from banks.
    - It will serve as a catalyst to other lender communities to support us.

We have come a long way as an organization and the key challenge we face right now is raising funds online ( See our latest blog on this - http://blog.unitedprosperity.org/20...-help-of-all-online-microfinance-lenders-now/ ).

We can make more impact, but we cannot do it alone. Your community's support will make a very significant difference to us.

Please visit our website http://www.unitedprosperity.org/ and encourage your friends and other community members to make an impact. I will be also available on this forum to answer any questions you may have.

Best Regards

Bhalchander

3. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is this legit ?

4. Bhalchander

Bhalchander New Member

Status Points:
  5. Pharaoh
    Original Member

Pharaoh Gold Member

Status Points:
    Obviously legit because they sign board posts with regards! :rolleyes:

6. Bhalchander

Bhalchander New Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Pharaoh. Please do check out the website http://www.unitedprosperity.org and if you have questions, I will be happy to answer. I also see from your signature that you lend on Kiva. If you check on kivafriends.org, you will find a few references about us.

Best Regards

Bhalchander