Introducing the Million Miles & More Sweepstakes

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by travelpye, Sep 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. travelpye

travelpye Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just hit my inbox....Grand Slam it is not.

Where would you go with a million miles?
    The choice is yours…

Now through December 31, 2012, use your US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard® for all your purchases and get automatically entered in the Million Miles & More Sweepstakes. Earn chances to win a million Dividend Miles, a 7-night vacation package to Las Vegas or Orlando, or the grand prize trip around the world.

http://www.millionmilessweeps.com/

JohnDeere19 and miles and smiles like this.
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would sell them and make enough money to make a time machine, then go back in time and find the person that decided to have this stupid contest instead of the Grand Slam -- who is probably the same that argued against a Hop, Skip & Jump -- and I would punch them so hard in the throat that my first would hurt.

Yeah, that sounds like a good use of the miles.

3. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I read Miles & More and automatically though of Luftie... I think that's a branding whoops there.

4. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:

This deserved a repeat and not just a click of the "like" button. I particularly like the throat punch part.

viguera likes this.
  5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    So you get an entry for every dollar you charge (2 for travel). Nice way to encourage more spend. Not!

Well, I am using my US MC at the moment anyway due to the 15,000 mile offer I got for three months of $750 spend, so I'll probably have around 3000 entries.

By the way, why did they announce this now when the being of the promo was Aug 1?

viguera likes this.
  6. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    I actually got this offer around August 1, so not sure why travelpye got theirs so late.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  7. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
  8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I got the email today as well.

Interesting. I even posted to that thread, but totally don't recall that promo.

9. travelpye

travelpye Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have to say that I am not feeling the love from US/Barclays. Not only did I get this email a month after Travelbear, at least a year after they began these offer, I STILL have not been targeted for one of the 15K after $750 spend offers HaveMilesWillTravel got and that have been bouncing around for better part of a year.

Not to mention that every time I see a new marketing email from them, my heart skips a beat until I see it is not an announcement about Grand Slam.:(

10. spesalvi

spesalvi Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got a snail mail postcard a couple weeks ago and then the email just couple days ago regarding the $750 spend promotion.

11. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Reverse order for me, but yeah, they see to be really interested in me using their card. Oh, I will, for the next three months. :)