Intrepid Travel- Giving Away 30 Trips In 30 Days

Discussion in 'Deal Page | Air/Hotel' started by MLW20, Nov 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]
    Intrepid Travel is giving away a trip a day for one month in a new promotion: 30 Trips in 30 Days
    (The promotion actually started on November 1 so two of the trips have already been given out.)

Every day for the duration of the promotion a different trip is given out to locations all over the world. Prizes are notexchangeable for a different trip or cash value.
    To Enter:
    • Register for a My Intrepid account
    • Answer a question of the day in 50 words or less.
    Each day a new winner will be selected. The most creative answer wins!

Some Rules:
    Entry is open to all global residents
    Must be 18 years of age or older
    Blackout dates apply to various travel periods
    The travel prize must be taken by 12/31/13

Answer questions daily until December 1, 2012 for a shot at a prize
    Enter daily for a chance to win HERE

Mapsmith and aptraveler like this.
  2. aptraveler

aptraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Excellent opportunity, thanks for the tip!

MLW20 and Mapsmith like this.
  3. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks again Michael. Love these types of contests. (My famous face for LA was Jackson Galaxy of "My cat from hell")

MLW20 likes this.
  4. ConsultingChris

ConsultingChris Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is good, but I don't know if this is a great contest. All they are offering are accommodations (guesthouses, hotels, and trains), transportation, and guidance. Reading the rules, no airfare, meals, and they will also charge you a "trip kitty." The kitty a cash fund for the tour operator to use to get the group out of problems. On a few of the trips, the kitty can be quite high compared to the cost of the trip.

For many of the tours, costs for the not included items will be as much or more than the trip itself is worth.

5. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's how a lot of these tour operators work. I know G Adventures used to have a "local fee" which was like the trip kitty. You would pay a certain amount upon arrival for the trip which was used for various expenses. I believe that they took the fee away and incorporated it into the price of the trips.
    Winning the prize will still cost you quite a bit in terms of flights, trip kitty etc... The prizes (tours) being awarded are still worth a good amount!