Int'l J pax - any lounge options at SEA?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by NYBanker, Aug 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Heeding the advice not to let too many points accumulate, I've used some points to send my in-laws over to Europe for a few weeks. They're flying from sea to ord, then connecting on to dub. I redeemed business class awards for them.

I know they will get AC access at ord by virtue of the j ticket, but I don't think there is a free lounge option for them at SEA, is there?

The nice and new AC closed ages ago. AA doesn't have any reciprocity for the Alaska Boardroom I don't think. Beyond buying day passes for the Boardroom, I don't think there's any other option. Am I missing anything?

DeltaExpert likes this.
  2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    NYBanker and DeltaExpert like this.
  3. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. This is a helpful resource.

I haven't seen any mention of international J pax getting Boardroom access either.

I think they would technically have BA lounge access (which I hadn't thought of), but (a) the lounge is only open for evening departures, and they leave in the AM, (b) BA's lounge is out in the south satellite terminal, which requires a train ride from where the AA flights depart and (c) I can't tell if this is a "contract" lounge, which is ineligible to OW pax. Regardless, (a) is enough to make it not work.

The AA-Boardroom model has been frustrating to me. I get access to AA's lounges (for domestic travel) via my Amex card. Their boardroom reciprocity is only good for AC members, not us Amex interlopers. It is safe to say there won't be an AC in sea or pdx as long as AS is willing to partially open their doors.

Maybe it's worth re-suggesting to Amex that they approach AS again about Platinum lounge access. AS has some of the most liberal access rules to their lounges; it must just be money that separates the two.

4. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    It doesn't help here, but the Priority Pass Select that comes with the Plat Amex will get you into Boardrooms. Just doesn't have the free companion flexibility of "regular" Amex access.

NYBanker likes this.
  5. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for that. I offered to get my inlaws a free add-on Platinum card off of my account so they could use it for domestic lounge access - but they declined.

Thanks, though, because now I don't feel as bad about them not getting into a lounge in SEA.... I offered a method, which they declined!

6. goodandclassy
    Original Member

goodandclassy Silver Member

Status Points:
    The BA lounge is operated by BA (not a contract lounge) - not that it helps any in your case...

7. Gardyloo
    Original Member

Gardyloo Gold Member

Status Points:
    You're not missing anything. No lounge access at SEA if they're flying AA metal to ORD.