Intl 777 SEA-IAH Weds before TxGiving

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by TravelerRob, Oct 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just a heads up that United is running an international configured 777 SEA-IAH on Weds, Nov 27th. I was looking for an award ticket and saw that little gem pop up.

It's the 1:00pm departure, though. You can still connect to many east coast flights if you want to grab this one.

Oddly, all E- seats are assigned already. Plenty of E+ open and plenty of business as well. Only 2 IFC seats which is odd.

The only award ticket available on this flight as a 1K is Saver First for 35K miles.

-Rob

2. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would spend 35,ooo miles to fly in that cabin for that distance. Of course I never fly over either ocean, so I never get such a configuration. I feel like I'm on a super jumbo when I get on a 757. Did you do it?

snod08 likes this.
  3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's weird I don't see that when I look around inside the UA innards... no 1pm flight and the 1:51pm is a 739. Maybe they just haven't updated something somewhere...

4. TravelerRob
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It's right on the website and in EF. November 27th UA 856 is the 1:00pm SEA-IAH and is operated by a B777-200.

-Rob

KenInEscazu and viguera like this.
  5. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are you looking at IAH-SEA or SEA-IAH? The flight is showing up on SEA-IAH, not vice versa.

KenInEscazu likes this.
  6. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stand corrected... for some reason I was looking at 10/27.

You're right of course.

https://db.tt/zMTSRb0L

KenInEscazu likes this.
  7. TravelerRob
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Turns out I am taking this flight. Go figure.

Question is...how does CPU run on a flight that has Global First and Business First? The BF cabin has plenty of seats open. Does "R" open up and CPU processes normally or do you have to wait for a gate agent to process these?

Thanks,
    Rob

8. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    CPU should and key word here is should run normally. For three cabin flights Elites only receive one cabin upgrades so if you bought Y you will be upgraded to C. If you bought C then you will be upgraded to F.

9. TravelerRob
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I know it's only one cabin upgrade but I was wondering if CPU's actually process for flights like these. I know they do on the domestic 777's but never sure about an intl 777 as I've never been on one domestically. Hoping for the extra long flight time SEA-IAH that day :)

-Rob

10. TravelerRob
    Original Member

Status Points:
    So this is interesting. I was upgraded to Business at the 4 day CPU mark for 1Ks. Now I'm showing as #2 on the upgrade list to GlobalFirst. Everyone else on the list around me is also from the Business upgrade list. I believe this is an error and I'm not expecting the upgrade but it would be nice.

Figures that GF is booked to 7 out of 8 and I'm #2 on the list. Maybe someone won't check in and I can try it out :) More likely a non-rev will :)

Thanks,
    Rob

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  11. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    UA is running an INTL 777 SEA-IAH today and DL is running a 744 from SEA-NRT this Saturday.

12. TravelerRob
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Not sure what DL has to do with this thread but since you brought it up...

DL is moving the NRT flight back to a daily 744. It's been operating that route quite a lot lately and I believe gets back onto the schedule full time. I don't know the exact date.

The UA Intl 777 SEA-IAH is possible because UA is not running a SEA-NRT flight today. The 777 is probably due for a maintenance check or something in IAH. Or maybe it's being rotated onto an IAH-Europe flight tonight.

-Rob