Interview: Gary Arndt of Everything Everywhere

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by MLW20, Aug 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Gary Arndt has been traveling around the world for the past 5 years taking amazing photos along the way. He shares his stories, photos and experiences on his award winning travel blog Everything Everywhere.
    I've been following Gary's blog for a few years and was really psyched when he agreed to answer some questions for an interview.

Here it is:
    1- Can you tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from, hobbies & interests (asides from travel!)
    I am originally from Wisconsin but spent almost 20 years prior to traveling in Minneapolis. Besides traveling I'm also an award winning photographer as well as being a part owner (1 share of stock) and rabid fan of the Green Bay Packer.

2- What encouraged you to start traveling around the world?

I had an internet company I sold in 1998 to a multinational company. In 1999 I took my first trip overseas on a three week around the world trip to their offices. I visited Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, France, Beligum, Germany and the UK. Since then was hooked and I knew I had to travel more. In 2005 I made the decision to travel around the world and in 2007 I sold my home and started.
    3- How long have you been traveling and what was your first destination? most recent?
    I mark the start of my travels as March 13, 2007 which was the day I sold my house. I began the trip by driving to Texas, going to LA by train and then flying to Hawaii. It took me 6 months to cross the pacific. Most recently I was in Sweden.

4- I know that you don't have a favorite country or area in the world. I was wondering- from the places you have visited which would you like to go back to in the future?

I'd like to go back to some of the island in the Pacific because I didn't know what I was doing photography wise when I was there. I also didn't get to spend much time in some of the smaller emirates in the UAE.

Check out the rest of the interview HERE

uggboy likes this.