Interlining with Qantas

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by Grozzy, Jun 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Grozzy
    Original Member

Grozzy Silver Member

Status Points:
    In August, I am flying Toronto-DFW with AC I am then connecting with QF to SYD. Can someone please confirm if AC will be able to check my bag all the way through?
    If so, do I just show both itineraries at check-in?
    I have 5.5 hours at DFW and it could be a PITA if I have to collect then recheck my bag.

2. thewinchester
    Original Member

thewinchester Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm still looking into this for you, and you're lucky I discovered this question as it's in the AC and not QF forum.

QF has AC as an interline e-ticket (IET) partner, which generally allows for baggage interline. However, if you are travelling on two separate PNR's, QF will refuse baggage interline if your ticket has not been booked as a connecting flight (ie codeshares) OR you are connecting from a non-*O carrier.

If I can confirm the baggage interline status absolutely, I'll post back here in due course.

3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Really? I've checked through bags Qantas -> Alaska on separate tickets, and while Alaska Airlines is a QF partner they are not oneworld.

4. Grozzy
    Original Member

Grozzy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know the QF policy has changed, but is that only for bags checked with qantas?

5. thewinchester
    Original Member

thewinchester Silver Member

Status Points:
    The second link in my reply above has a PDF FAQ on these subjects. Having said that, I meant to say OR not AND.

The separate PNR's part is important to this equation, hence my emphasis on it. As I have been lead to understand, QF's departure control systems will only accept through check and baggage interline where pax is travelling with 2 or more PNR's in all circumstances when any one of the four following conditions is met:

Point 8 of the FAQ goes into additional specifics around this:

Point 4 is the text quoted above this (the earlier bullet points), and this text confirms the single PNR requirements where a non *O carrier is involved.

gleff likes this.