Interesting TSA Experience

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by marcer68, Apr 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. marcer68
    Original Member

marcer68 Active Member

Status Points:
    I am absolutely baffled by the TSA. Today I flew out of SAN, first of all the line was awfully slow and it took almost 1 hour to get through security, it was absolutely ridicolous. I am used to long lines, but this was just slow, even with three scanners open, though that's not what baffled me. I was selected for additional screening by the metal detector and so was the female that went through after me. The agent at the scanner called for a male and a female assist, it took about 2 minutes before one of the other agents responded to it and then came the kicker.
    The agents moved us to the area for the secondary inspection and then looked at each other and one agent asked the other "What do we do for this secondary?" and both shrugged their shoulders. The female then said "Okay I am going to swipe the women's hand's" and off she went. The male, who was attending to me asked another agent what he was supposed to do and the third agent went to the podium to look at a manual as to what to do. After the female finished her hand swab with her customer, she returned and told the male agent to just swab my electronics, so he swabed my laptop and I was on my way.
    I understand that they try to create a secure area, but agents that have no idea what their job is, that is just absolutely hillarious.

Lufthansa Flyer and Mapsmith like this.
  2. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    sounds just like the rest of our government....

3. Derek
    Original Member

Derek Silver Member

Status Points:
    Regarding the title of this thread, "Interesting TSA Experience:" Aren't they all these days? Ugh.

4. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like the screeners who ask, "Have you done this before?" After I say yes, the usual response is, "I'll save you the rest of the speech" and I get just a cursory exam.