Interesting eFares this weekend

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Infinite1K, Jan 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    While no where close to the "good old days" of eFares offering really great fares, the listings for this week seem to be offering quite a bit more flights out of the sUA hubs (LAX/SFO/DEN/ORD/IAD) and very few out of the sCO hubs (EWR/IAH). IME past eFares have always had lots of flights out of sCO hubs, but very few out of the sUA hubs.

And there is even a W SFO-ORD* eFare that shows up which will give you another shot at the DEQM before the promo ends at the end of this month. Fares are listed at $321 for that route which gets you a decent 4.3cpm.

*SNA-ORD is also available, though that seems to book into the L bucket and won't quality for the DEQM.

canucklehead and unavaca like this.
  2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    C'mon I want some International destinations...

3. unavaca
    Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Status Points:
    As nice as the SFO-ORD W fare looks, I'm tired of encouraging UA to run these half-hearted promotions all while AA is running them properly.

4. HeathrowGuy
    Original Member

HeathrowGuy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know, right? Give us Lagos for $299RT or something, so we can go collect our fortunes and all become Global Services...:D

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    What is properly? Casting the widest possible net and hoping to win seems like a crappier business play than actually focusing on specific people that you think will actually be good for the business.

Not good if you're not one of those customers, but that doesn't make it improper.

sdm1130 likes this.
  6. unavaca
    Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a customer of UA, it's improper from my POV. As a result, it's in my best interest not to support them in this regard.

MLW20 and Infinite1K like this.
  7. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    ....and W fare codes! :D

Infinite1K, Flyer1976 and HeathrowGuy like this.
  8. Scott Schmidt

Scott Schmidt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks like they're pushing UX inventory out of LAX as every flight offered is on a regional jet.

9. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    At the end of the day, most marketing departments and most companies are fully aware of what message they are sending when they develop promotions, marketing campaigns and reward programs. What they do not know is the true impact that such developments will have on their business.

Those that do not agree with their programs should take their business elsewhere and those who fully support UA based on those programs (or despite them) should keep their business with UA. This will allow UA to see the true impact and thus allow them to make (or not make) adjustments to their future programs.

10. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've never liked the CO specials because you have to travel out on a Saturday and HAVE TO return at least on Monday. Way back in my US flying days I used to actually buy their weekend specials because you could fly out on a Saturday and back on a Sunday.

11. unavaca
    Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Status Points:
    The original UA efares were similar -- must be out after 7pm Friday or Saturday; return Monday or Tuesday.

12. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    Every? The flights to DEN, SFO and LAS are mainline.

13. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe not 100%, but they have done this before. Many, many times. They certainly have some ideas on what the impact is with some level of confidence. Unless you think customers today are dramatically different than they were a couple years ago I'd say they probably know what to expect at a high level. And they seem to be comfortable with that.

14. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    A few of the city pairs are that way: leave Friday PM, return Mon/Tue.

unavaca likes this.
  15. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice to see WAS getting some love.

Hopefully this bodes well for some international hops out of IAD when sales lag.