Interesting, but speculative, charts: When will AA emerge from bankruptcy?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by kansaskeith, Feb 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    zpaul likes this.
  3. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would guess given the size of AA and the nature of its problems, it will take atleast 2 years to emerge from it

zpaul likes this.
  4. folex386

folex386 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well maybe AA will have another first and either be done by 7/2012 or stay in until 2/2015?

zpaul likes this.
  5. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, the thread and the linked charts were more concentrated on when AA will emerge, not if, and, besides, I agree with you emergence at some point is very likely. That said, however, I do not think it is correct to say "all the other US-based airlines did." I am thinking of a once flamboyant international carrier, also DFW-based, that I liked to call "Brand F."

And I would also want to check Eastern, PanAm, and the original Frontier as well. I'm pretty sure those didn't formally emerge, either.

6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    All the cases listed at the link that you had provided emerged from bankruptcy. I was just under the impression that the now defunct airlines that you mentioned simply went out of business -- belly ...err...fuselage up, so to speak. I did not know that they had declared chapter 11 from which they never emerged...

zpaul likes this.
  7. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, with a union hotline like this going around, trust me, it aint'a going to be before 7/2012 !!! http://www.apfa.org/content/category/9/17/626/

And for that record, I did a control-f search in Internet Explorer -- not one place in the above union post was the word "passenger" (or "customer" or "pax") used. I know, I know, the F/As are threatened and scared, and many of the rest of us might not have bothered to think of the ultimate customer, the one that pays them for safety (and a little service) too. But still, I noticed the absence of these words.

LETTERBOY likes this.