Intercontinental Toronto Centre

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by GoodBoy, Feb 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Intercontinental Toronto Centre

PC/Ambassador Status RA

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
    Yes, very.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
    Booked basic room and received two bedroom suite with interlocking room/lounge between.

How are the rooms?
    Good, clean and comfortable, three full bathrooms although bathrooms were a bit crowne plaza legacy style, not quite up to IC standard. Three mini-bars re stocked daily, three LCD TV's.

How is the exec lounge?
    The Lounge looked very good, closed for the duration of our stay with the exception of one day. Vera, the very competent lounge manager looked after us and was very good. As the lounge was closed we were provided coupons for full American buffet style breakfast, and for entrées and non alcoholic drinks in the restaurant. Dining in the restaurant was far more appealing with much wider range of choices etc, preferable to the lounge. Glad the lounge was closed.

What was good and what was bad?
    Good:
    Everything, no mini bar charges, no internet charges, old style BOGO no problem.

Bad:
    Nothing, worth self parking in the convention centre unless you plan on taking the vehicle out daily.

Would you return?
    Yes we will be over the summer.

mowogo likes this.
  2. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    This really is one of the best IC properties that I have been to, solid service especially for lowly Ambassadors. I was upgraded from the basic to a Junior Suite standard, and the one time that upgrade was not available they gave me club access.

Tim O'Brien likes this.
  3. no-backpacker
    Original Member

no-backpacker Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure if it is my favorite IC, but certainly one I like, and I prefer this over Yorkville. I like the location, the rooms and the lounge is great with food all day. At least it was in May. For those drinking alcohol it might be a challenge that you have to pay for it in the lounge. They said it was due to law.

Xxx.

Tim O'Brien and mowogo like this.
  4. southender
    Original Member

southender Silver Member

Status Points:
    did you get lounge access with the Junior suite?

5. I believe they give RA's club access, not so sure re ambassadors, whilst the lounge is nice, well run, Vera is great, the fact that you have to pay for alcohol takes a bit of the shine off.

6. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, I did not get club access when upgraded to a Junior Suite as an ambassador, only when they were unable to give me the one room category upgrade

Tim O'Brien and cockpitvisit like this.
  7. Yea we live in a province with pre historic liquor laws in that sense.
    I too have stayed at that property and it is certainly very nice and friendly. The lounge is only given to RA's, if I'm not mistaken based on the U/G you get. if you get a full suite (generally a 2 level U/G) you may not get lounge access is my understanding

GoodBoy likes this.