Intercontinental Times Square

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by GoodBoy, Feb 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Intercontinental Times Square

What is your Ambassador status?
    Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
    Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
    Booked a 350 sq ft king bed deluxe with 4000 bonus points rate ($20 for the points) for $249 plus taxes, received a 550 sq ft king bed sky view avenue studio, which was going for $519 (best flex plus 4000 points)

How are the rooms?
    Very good size by NYC standards and great city views of the Hudson, the park and city buildings, fresh, clean, new. Good shower.

How is the exec. lounge?
    Neither NYC property, the Barclay or Times Square has a club lounge.

What was your welcome gift?
    Chocolate, small fruit platter and water.

What was good and what was bad?

Good

Friendly and helpful staff, doorman impressed me as being friendly and genuine, location, good upgrade, use of old style BOGO on the last possible weekend it could be used. Overall very happy with the property and the service. Would be good to see a club lounge, they already have the lounge. Free internet and free movie.

Bad

nothing really.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
    The BOGO and upgrade made this stay very reasonable, Yes.

Would you return?
    Yes, absolutely.

sobore and Ant like this.
  2. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    IC New York Times Square

(January 2012)

What is your Priority Club status?

RA Platinum

Yes, arrived at 12 noon and room wasn't ready. Went to lunch came back about 2pm room still not ready, guest relations called up and said they were working on it and it should be ready soon, he then offered another room to use till it was ready, we really didn't need it so we declined, and said he would buy us a couple rounds of drinks in the CA VA lounge, we accepted that, relaxed by the fire with our drinks, and the room was ready about 1/2 hour later.

Booked King Deluxe room, Corp rate $212 was upgraded to the Deluxe Avenue Studio (#1410) This is a 2 level upgrade..

How are the rooms?

Nicely appointed, good views, quiet, as expected.

Box of Chocolates.

Did you receive fruit/water in the room?

YES,three small apples with dried fruit stacked on top and shot glass full of peanuts on a plate with, a small bottle of Fiji Water, along with a welcome letter, which clearly outlined your Ambassador benefits, free movie, free Internet, mini bar drinks.( letter is also very clear that benefits do not apply to award stays). Upon arrival the attendant notice my wife in the room and said He was sorry and didn't realize there was two of us and ran back to the elevator and brought 2 large bottles of Evian Pure water.

How is the exec. lounge?

Still no lounge. I did however ask if the planned to have a lounge in the future. The desk clerk then went into and over blown story about how the hotel has only been open a year and half and the contniually evolving trying to make the hotel the best it can be. La, la,la, and the problem with the lounge right now is a space issue, bookings are increasing and they really would like to add few more floors and add a lounge but something about a problem with the city if they go over 36 floors..... So the short answer is no lounge in the near future. He did say they get lots of complaints about the lack of club lounge.

What was good?

* The view was nice, the suite was very nice an exactly the same as last years stay, nice shower with rainfall and portable shower head.
    * Free internet for RA
    * Got free movie.
    * Free Mini bar.

* Asked for turn down service, got chocolates, and maid changed out towels and left more toiletries.
    *The beds are super comfy and plenty of King size pillows, and extra phone in closet with blanket.

What was bad?

Nothing really big, except valet parking @ $55, per day.

We did not use. As you approach the hotel on 44th a one way street. on your right is a parking area and just across the street is another both are $27.71 plus tax(18.375%) $32 for 24 hours on the weekend. We parked at the icon lot just before the hotel about 30 steps from the hotel entrance $32 all in.

Not bad room was $212 plus tax. And should get about 6300 points.( 2120 stay, 1060 platnum, 1000 RA, 2120 double points)

Would you return?

Yes.

GoodBoy, viguera and sobore like this.
  3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Damn... parking in NY is getting out of control. The only thing I've seen that is higher than that is the Ritz Carlton downtown, which is $60 plus $10 if you have an SUV.

GoodBoy likes this.
  4. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Look at the Barclay they quote $71.00 and the Waldorf across the street is $62.00

GoodBoy likes this.
  5. javacodeguy

javacodeguy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know who in the world drives into the city. For a weekend trip including valet, tax, tolls and gas I'd be looking at around $200 for the journey. When we can take business class Amtrak for around $300, why would I go through all the hassle just to save $100.

6. javacodeguy

javacodeguy Gold Member

Status Points:
    IC New York Times Square

Jan 27-29 2012

What is your Priority Club status?

RA

Definitely this time. We stayed here a couple weeks ago as well and there were a few issues with the upgrade and receiving the RA benefits in a timely manner. I wrote a letter to the guest relations manager who I spoke to at the hotel. Whether or not that helped, this stay was excellent.

Book Skyview Corner King and received Skyview Avenue Studio on the 33rd floor.

How are the rooms?

Great views, quiet and comfortable. The bathroom in the normal rooms is larger than the avenue studios, but the studios have a much better layout, so this is not a complaint at all.

Box of chocolates.

Did you receive fruit/water in the room?

Yes. Two pears, an orange, some dried fruit, and some nuts. Water on first and second days.

How is the exec. lounge?

N/A

What was good?
    • RA benefits all taken care of without asking
    • Turndown service happened both nights without asking and while we were out
    • Maid service was great and happened while we were out for the afternoon
    • Room service was again very fast (<30 min from order to delivery) and delicious
    What was bad?

Nothing this time.

Great deal. Advanced purchase was about $250/night, half of the flexible rate. For the upgraded room it really can't be beat.

Would you return?

This will continue to be my go to for NYC.

GoodBoy and DJP_707 like this.