InterContinental Royal Ambassador Qualification Requirements

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 20, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

InterContinental Royal Ambassador used to be one of my favorite top tier status levels. It was invitation only, and what I thought they did so well was offer a lot of guaranteed benefits. As a Royal Ambassador member you'd receive guaranteed 8AM check-in and 4PM check-out, guaranteed upgrades, complimentary beverages from the minibar, etc. My biggest frustration was that they didn't publish qualification requirements for Royal Ambassador status, and I wasn't prepared to spend 50-60 nights in a hotel chain, only to potentially not requalify. Fortunately back in the day there wasn't really a need to qualify the "hard way," given that they offered Royal Ambassador referral certificates. Royal Ambassador members could nominate someone else to Royal Ambassador status, and going back several years even referred Royal Ambassador members received referral certificates, so there was an almost never ending chain of Royal Ambassadors. Those certificates have been eliminated in the meantime. The post InterContinental Royal Ambassador Qualification Requirements appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...