InterContinental profit rise led by U.S. growth

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by uggboy, Feb 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    || InterContinental profit rise led by U.S. growth ||

Interesting numbers make for some interesting reading.

GoodBoy, guinnessxyz and sobore like this.
  2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great! Now they can offer more Poinbreaks! ;)

GoodBoy, mrredskin, skyvan and 3 others like this.
  3. Or raise room rates because they are in demand:eek:

GoodBoy and uggboy like this.
  4. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    forget more Pointbreaks - just give us some in locations we actually want to go!

ok, give us more, too

sobore, GoodBoy and uggboy like this.
  5. i'm glad they're doing well, bigger profits lead to more latitude for potential generous benefits:) inc PB's, would be good to see IHG lead the charge with all the recent devaluations going on, given their extensive room numbers, geographic footprint across various brand categories, it's an opportunity to migrate customers from Hilton, SPG and Hyatt. Lifetime RA status would be a good thing too to bring into line with Hyatt and SPG:) Hope they're listening, i'm sure they are, come on IHG you can do it:)

guinnessxyz, sobore and uggboy like this.
  6. I note that ICHG has "refined" the rooms available on corporate rates so that a 2 class RA upgrade will NOT get a suite. At least that's the way it appears from some bookings I just made for Asian hotels. They are only showing standard room availability.

GoodBoy, sobore and uggboy like this.
  7. i'd heard they were offering the club or upgrade across euro properties, not both, but limiting to no suite too? do you know if that is limited to corporate rates? with corp rates does the upgrade get processed at time of booking only, or do they do at the property as well?

uggboy likes this.
  8. That's true. I have experienced the "choice" recently in Europe. The Club is not available for under 60 pounds a night in London so the upgrade works better there.
    I've just checked my recent Asian reservations and to date no upgrades are showing. I think they do those about a week before arrival if my memory serves me. I will follow more closely on this round of stays and report back.

GoodBoy and uggboy like this.