InterContinental Presidente Cozumel Mexico

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Sweet Willie, Nov 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    ok, so I've already been informed by the hotel that on my upcoming award stay I won't be receiving any RA benefits. Yes it is in the T&C's of the program but the more I experience this at various properties leads me to conclude that RA is really a crappy program for awards. Anyways I digress.

Hoping that some MPers might have stayed at this property & can answer a few questions.

1) is the hotel within walking distance of any non-hotel related retail (restaurants, liquor stores, dive shops, etc)?

2) Is there an IC shuttle to/from the resort & the town? If not, how much was a cab? Is there a bus?

3) Is there a rental car facility on site at the resort?

4) Did you ever have a problem getting a chaise lounge at the resort?

5) Is there a fridge in the room I can put some of my own beverages in?

6) How was the food at the IC?

7) anything else you care to share about the resort that you feel MPers should know?

man on the move. likes this.
  2. man on the move.

man on the move. Silver Member

Status Points:
    food at the IC was limited and a little expensive. we only hit it for a quick weekend using some of the stay 2 get one nights. So we got a room upgrade, but limited other benefits as a RA. we took a taxi to town two nights for dinner and taxi back. dive shop through hotel was fine, we negotiated the price for a dive boat and dive master to take us snorkeling. I had checked into prices previously and stood my ground, and they took me...

the beach was empty, but we had issues with sand flees. i understand that was unusual.

i can not remember prices of taxis or food, but i was not taken as expensive or in expensive.

sorry for the lack of details it was about 3 years ago

Sweet Willie likes this.
  3. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just stayed here in September. Yes, RA in general sucks for award stays. Maybe someday IHG will match its peers and treat us like our status, not our rate (as GLeff says).

But to answer your questions:

Nope.

No shuttle that I recall. of course there are taxis but we didn't use them so I can't comment on cost. Not sure about bus.

Yes, Thrifty Rental Car is on-site. We rented a car for one day from them; it's actually kind of convenient since you can get the car at the resort, but drop off at the airport.

I don't know if you've read the news lately, but Mexico isn't exactly overrun by tourists these days ;) Of course we weren't there during high season, but the place was pretty dead.

There is the mini-bar. It's not one of those electronically controlled ones, so you can take their stuff out and put your stuff in.

We thought it was OK. Expensive for Mexico, but reasonable.

It's a bit tired, but overall we enjoyed our stay. If you're willing to sit through one of their timeshare sales pitches, you might be able to work out an upgrade or something. I had a nice time at the spa. The concierge was really great about responding quickly to all my queries.

Enjoy your trip!

Sweet Willie likes this.
  4. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just an update, for these two reasons you stated TheBeerHunter we canceled our award stay and while I looked into rates, well north of $400 per night seemed very expensive for Mexico. In fact thanks to some award nights at Hyatt (& a promo where they doubled our upfront food & beverage spend, during high season no less !!), I don't think we spent more than $500 for the whole trip. (of course there was a cost to earn the frequent flyer miles to get down there & the Hyatt gold passport points)

TheBeerHunter likes this.