Intercontinental Park Lane

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by mowogo, Oct 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anybody have any experiences with the IC Park Lane? I've got a stay coming up next weekend, and want to know what to expect from the property, as a Royal Ambassador.

2. you get the typical upgrades, no free lounge access and decent service. It is a very busy property. Lounge access costs 60 pounds; parking is atrociously expense.

The location is, in my opinion, absolutely perfect.

3. stimpy
    Original Member

stimpy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've stayed there many times and will be back again tomorrow! I sometimes get lounge access, but it's not normal. I think it is a mistake to buy lounge access here as I prefer to be out and about in London. For me, there is no typical upgrade. Lately the smallest I get is a studio suite, but sometimes I get a huge executive suite with balcony overlooking the Four Seasons and the park. Or a middle-size suite. The cool thing is that it doesn't seem to matter if I am on a paid stay or award stay. The result is the same.

4. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    What sort of Royal Ambassador gift do they give (need to know if I should bring a bag that I can check for my flight home)

stimpy likes this.
  5. stimpy
    Original Member

stimpy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry, I don't recall. I go to a lot of IC's so it's hard to remember. I can try to remember to check tomorrow when I'm there. I don't think it is anything large though. Maybe a jar of jelly beans or something like that.

6. stimpy
    Original Member

stimpy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Large bottle of still water, 3 green apples, and a box of nice shortbread cookies.

Oh, and a large executive suite with balcony overlooking 4 Seasons.

miles and smiles, Gargoyle and mowogo like this.
  7. stimpy
    Original Member

stimpy Silver Member

Status Points:
    And 30 minutes later, the doorbell rings with a waiter bringing me some cake. It says Happy Honeymoon. Hmmm. Well it tastes delicious anyways!

miles and smiles, Gargoyle and mowogo like this.
  8. yousavvy

yousavvy Silver Member

Status Points:
    jeeez,,, this was one of my favorite parts of my trip last May :) I stayed there after a trip to Puebla, Mexico. BA, lost my suit carrier on a direct flight MEX to LHR. (I ended up getting a free temporary suit, and money to replace my other suite :).

I used one of my free nights for the stay 2 get 1 promo. I was just PC Platinum, and not ambassador even... The room I got initially was too small, so I went down and convinced them to move me to a spa suite. I went to bed early, and was woken up at 8am after traveling all day before and loosing my luggage. Apparently, a water pipe burst to the conference below from my suite... I had to move rooms. They paid all the drinks from the night before, gave me a full breakfast (with an amazing bloody mary) , free internet, and even offered to launder all of my clothing and my friend's clothing from a week travel in Mexico.

When I got back from some sightseeing in the afternoon, all of my clothes were express laundered... It turned out to be 214 British Pounds !!!! They asked if I could pay something since the bill was so extensive... I said,,, of course I would not have laundered all my clothes if it was going to cost me this much :p So as promised, all was free, and I moved on to Bath, with freshly pressed and hung clothes, as well as a new suit from BA, and a BIG smile on my face :)

True Story :) :) :)

stimpy likes this.