Intercontinental Miami (Downtown)

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by NYBanker, Dec 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the downtown IC Miami last week. This hotel is now roughly 30 years old, but the rooms at least are doing pretty well.

I posted my review here. Lots more photos....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice trip report.

I've had 4 chances to stay at this hotel since August and passed up on it 3 times, with the other time them not having availability.

I'm not sure why but it doesn't look all that appealing, plus the area was busy as I remember (probably not as much now as there's little traffic around the arena with the NBA lockout) and the pool area without any trees didn't appeal much either -- even though it's understandable considering where it's located.

Maybe I'll give it a try next time I'm in Miami.

3. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the kind words.

This is definitely a hotel only for a shorter business trip. The pool and spa probably wouldn't be draws for me at this property. The location, right on the edge of downtown was nice in that you had the waterfront, but could easily walk to any of the downtown high rises or the convention center.

flyingdawg likes this.
  4. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've found that this hotel provides nice suite upgrades for RAs. I prefer it to the other IC closer to the airport.

Definitely a good value for the money, but probably only if you have some semblance of status.

I used the spa the last time I stayed here. Not my favorite spa in the world, but treatment rooms were nice, and service was OK.

flyingdawg likes this.
  5. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    sobore and viguera like this.
  6. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Stayed there in early September before a cruise. They gave me a bay side view upgrade for regular ambassador status on an award night although I did have to ask for it. I like the hotel. It's not near the beach but located close to the bayside shopping And dining area. Somewhat outdated but not really showing its age badly. Service was good overall although I wasn't overly excited by the check in or out process, front desk.

flyingdawg likes this.